The sense of continuity.
The WPA plaques still embedded in some sidewalks.
The lovely, gingerbread Victorians along the main road.
The fact that they installed conversation benches at the town dump.
Having turkeys side-chase my car, just like dogs do…
That I often hear horses clomping past my house of an evening.
The hand-painted sign along the back road that says "Pigs Welding"
8 comments:
Lol, we live in a small town too and would not want to leave it.
What may one ask is Pig welding?
I suspect that someone "enhanced" a sign advertising "TIG Welding," but knowing the area where Jz lives, I wouldn't be surprised if it were some kind of farm thing for making large amounts of bacon.
You had me at horses.
(but conversation benches at the dump? I love it!)
db-
Pigs Welding is just someone being a bit frugal, using one piece of wood (and no punctuation) to advertise two different commodities available for purchase on the premises.
But it cracks me up every time I go by...
T-
No enhancements.
This is pure unfinished plywood and black spray paint.
But yes, I'm sure if there was a way to weld bacon together for bigger portions, it would be very popular here...
m-
I was hoping someone would pick up on the conversation benches.
Thank you for running with that! :-)
:)
-------------
But this one, I don't know...
"The fact that they installed conversation benches at the town dump."
We have coffee shops, parks, dog parks, etc. for that ;p
-H
Yeah but do you even have a municipal dump?
If you did, your life might change!
just sayin'...
Yeah, I'm thinking conversation benches at the dump so you can watch ...? Bears!
-sin
Well, seaulls are more the scavenger on view around these parts.
But yes, this is an idea that probably wouldn't work in YOUR town... ;-D
Post a Comment