Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Valentine's Truth

I don't think it's any big secret that I hate Valentine's Day.
But on the other hand, Valentine's Day always makes me think of SP, and I love SP.
So I'll make nice and celebrate the day, with two draft fragments woven into one.
(In and of itself quite appropriate...)

I've said before that I firmly believe SP is my soul mate.

I believe I've known him before - somewhere, somehow - and that we have a connection that no person or thing can break. This does not mean that he's the man I'm meant to spend my life with, but he is a man who will never NOT be a part of my life.

BG may be my dom, the man I want to be with but, at the risk of further inflating his already sufficient ego, SP is my rock. (Yes, as in, "upon this rock..." much tho' it galls me to admit publicly! ;-p)

Except, that's not 100% precise.
Because it's not so much that he is my rock as that he gave me my rock -- my center, my core.

We were a bit like two meteorites on a collision course.
We crashed into each other, shaking and shattering ourselves, and as the dust settled, the fragments re-cohered into two distinct, more complete spheres, each consisting of pieces of both.
Which then bounced on along in their own merry orbits...

But we'd changed each other.
Before SP, I lacked cohesion, a core to pull me all together. Yet now I have one -- it's the part that he and I made together. It's kind of my own personal gimbal -- I can stumble, I can wobble, I can spin, but my orbit is contained. And it's self-sustaining. I don't need him to be within shouting distance for it to work. (Altho' I like it lots better when he is.)

SP gave me the guts to be me - to trust me, to believe in me.
"And that has made all the difference."

Happy Heart Day, sweet thing!

... and to you all  :-)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Valentine's Day sooooo... Happy Valentine's Day! :-D

*hugs*

Turiya

Anonymous said...

Aw, man, i left a comment and the bogosphere ate it. Damn.

What a gift the relationship with SP is - for both of you i think. And you describe it so beautifully.

{And my word verification thing is legmenu - how cool is that? Do you think it's like "leg of lamb," "chicken legs" and so on, or would it be "calves" "thighs" and so on? Lol...

dancingbarez said...

You are very lucky to have that relationship with SP. Its great to have that with your Dom but even one thinks it even better to have it with a friend, especially during those times when your Dom is making you a little crazy. Wait, one didn't just say that, did she?

Jz said...

T-
Thank you - hope yours was nice, too.

a-
Thank you. :-)
I wondered if it might not be a bit too dispassionate for a Valentine's Day paean.
But it's what it is, so there you go...

db-
Oh, I am very aware of my luck!
Since you didn't say that, I won't say I agree.
*nod, nod*