Thursday, February 25, 2021

Of Safe Words and Traffic Signals

My safewords are pretty standard:

  Green is “I’m good, keep going”

  Yellow is “Don’t stop… but please take your foot off the gas”

  Red is “Stop - Now!”


One lovely thing about being together so long, however, is that I rarely need to use any of them, because BG is very, very good at reading my body language and will generally have reacted accordingly even before I need to channel a traffic light.


This is particularly useful as I am a child of Southern New England.

You know, the place where we hold this truth to be self-evident…



Not a good time for confusion to set in...

4 comments:

Fondles said...

Hahahahah! I think in my country thats what yellow means too!

Fondles said...

Oh my lawd. Your captcha asked me to tick all the boxes with... wait for it... traffic lights! Lol.

messymimi said...

One of my children's friends had a t-shirt with a traffic light. It was obvious that the yellow was lit up, and underneath it said, "Challenge Accepted."

You are right, there are times when you want no such confusion.

Jz said...

F-
Google knows...
;-D

mm-
Oh, how I want that t-shirt!
But yes, clarity can be good. :-)