Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Ancient Eyptian Rabbit Holes

Once again, I get to googling, and you guys pay the price.

messymimi had me wondering what a Netjer was, so I queried,

     and Google informed me that:


"Akhty (also read Netjer-akhty) was an ancient Egyptian deity. He was seldom mentioned.”


Except when he's the first return of your search hits, apparently.

Then he gets to be front and center.



This isn't Akhty (May His Name Never Be Mentioned) but it is another bit of Google folly.

I searched for "stick figure"...

Yep, really.


Seriously, Google. 

Get with the program.

3 comments:

Fondles said...

Was that search AFTER the one for Akhty?

Cos Google remembers. It's really a bit unnerving. But it's true.

My search for stick figure (i did that as soon as i read your post) gave me actual stick figures. I was a bit disappointed LOL.

messymimi said...

It is astounding how much useless information you can dig up, i end up putting it in my blog lists!

Jz said...

F-
Actually, it was not. The stick figure search preceded the Netjer one by months...
I'm sorry to have contributed to disappointment! ;-)

mm-
And I'm afraid I was taught to rabbit-hole long before the internet made it so easy! (So I'm really doomed.)
:-D