Saturday, February 22, 2014

The Importance of Laughter

"If anybody does marry you, Peter, it will be for the pleasure of hearing you talk piffle." -- "Strong Poison", Harriet to Lord Peter 

I may never be able to meet Lord Peter, but I do know SP - a Master of Piffle himself.

*****************************************************
SP: Seriously, sweetie, I love to hear you laugh. 
Your laughter has a forest elfin quality, like little bells behind trees- a sweet sound, but with a wink of derision in it and an irresistible 'come hither' component.
Jz: (I think I'm blushing…)

*****************************************************

Silly -- but it is true that laughter can be more than you think...

4 comments:

greengirl said...

This is very true - and btw i love the quotes you always have. I do have one nervous, little-girl giggle that i dislike in myself - i wouldn't mind losing that one, but i can't seem to...

Jz said...

gg-
oh, good!
quotes are one of those things that people either like, or grit their teeth at -- you can probably guess where I fall... :-)

and giggles aren't all bad, a'tall a'tall.

nilla said...

i laugh, i giggle, i sometimes even titter politely. But when something amuses me? A HUGE unladylike belly laugh. Laughter is SO important, and I just let it lose more often than not. :)

anecdote? The first time I had sex with Master, I started giggling after the 50th orgasm. Just totally joyful laughter. He was holding me, and kept saying "what?" in this affronted voice.
I finally manage to eke out a few words.

:fucking: :happy:
:you: :make: :me:

He held me hard, and smiled against my hair.

Laughter is wonderfully, terribly important.

nilla
(Yup, even in bliss I'm an f-bomber--its less "lack of class" and more "freedom to choose how I express myself even if it means choosing swear words to do so".)

Jz said...

"The most wasted of days is one without laughter"

:-)