Every now and again, I find that someone has read my page through google translator.
I must admit, I always wonder how that works out for people…
One of SP's favorite things to do is to lecture me with idioms from his idiosyncratic mother tongue -- and then refuse to tell me what they mean. (insert rolling eyes)
So I break out the translation software, finesse the grammar, and submit them for approval...
Which is never better than, "sort of close".
(Really, I think he mostly enjoys doing this because he gets to tell me I'm wrong TWICE for every one sentence…)
(Really, I think he mostly enjoys doing this because he gets to tell me I'm wrong TWICE for every one sentence…)
But since I'm armed with this up close and personal knowledge of just how badly a translation software can fail a person, I always wonder if anyone actually gets anything out of my words when they read them in translation. Particularly as I fluctuate madly between katharevousa and demotike...
Sometimes I just feel sorry for the people who read me...
No comments:
Post a Comment