Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Neat-nik The Third

This time I take a whack at greengirl's questions.
After, of course, showing you this fine award:


Aaaand…. we're off!

1 - If you were going to create a blog award, what would it be called or be about?
You know, I was going to take the high road and demur on this… 
     "oh, no. I wouldn't do that, no, no."
But then I thought, "Oh, screw it. You DO have one in mind that you'd give, it's just obnoxious to say it out loud."
But when has that stopped me before??

So here you go:
The ARB Gold Star Award for Rising to the Challenge of Being Interesting Through the Use of Grammatically Correct Sentences. 

(yes, I undoubtedly AM going to hell…)


2 - How would you describe your style of decorating?
In some ways, it's hard to answer this, because there are styles I like -- that I can't ever do because my house flatly refuses them. I think decorating is a kind of organic process. You can't really impose a style on any given room or dwelling, you have to work with what it gives you, as well. Compromise is often necessary. (Which is how i ended up with a room in gold - a color I normally loathe on walls, yet which pulled a serenity out of this particular area that I would have sworn it was never going to give me.)

So, style is not the determining factor for me in decorating. Rather, I tend to use "touches"… whimsy in one room, warmth over here, breezy over there, … and color in all. (Even my light colors tend to be very saturated tones.)

My furniture is mostly hand-me-down, but comes from the days when furniture was made from solid wood. (Or cast iron, if we're talking beds.) What I love about it, besides the fact that it's real, is that I don't see it in every house I go into, either. This matters to me, probably more than it should.

So, there's no over-arching theme or look to my decorating, but I am frequently told that I have a really comfortable house. Which is a much more gratifying compliment than any "as featured in House Beautiful" billing ever could be.


3 - If you could have your dream job/occupation, what would it be?
In my absolute perfect ideal world, I would get paid to go to school (avoiding any and all math and economics classes.)
A close second would be something I actually got to do for a while (which is going to sound hugely dorky) designing reports that compile information from a database. 
Because it's the next best thing to doing logic problems all day.  :-)


4 - Are there any people in your (vanilla) life who you think might actually be kinky, or who you look at and think "no way, but, yet, maybe..."
Oh, I'm sure there are, but I tend not to look at people in that speculative way most of the time. (This has far more to do with my vaunted obliviousness than any attempt at nobility, however.) Altho' I will confess to harboring secret suspicions about the eye candy next door. But that may be nothing more than wishful thinking -- he's got the voice to be a Dom, so I may simply be projecting... (or fantasizing…*ahem*)


5 -  Where would you put yourself (the sum total of your relationship) on a spectrum from incredibly stern and rigid to teasing and lighthearted?
Do you think anyone would even believe me if I tried to say incredibly stern and rigid?
Nope, as you might expect, teasing and lighthearted is the name of the game around here. There are certainly moments when he can be stern - which are marvelous at helping me focus on what he wants from me - but overall, we're more of the, "we're here to enjoy ourselves" crowd.


6 - If you had a fairly close friend with whom you really could discuss these types of things, do you think you would still blog?
Absolutely. As you can deduce from my response to nilla's question about blogging, talking about TTWD is actually not at the top of my list of reasons why I blog. It may have been the thing that kick-started me into action but it's not the primary reason I write. (And I am actually out to two friends besides SP, plus I suspect that a couple of others could dot the i's and cross the t's if they had a mind to.)


7 - If you had more time (in your day, in your week, in your life) what would you do differently?
I'm afraid I wouldn't DO anything differently. I got the sloth gene in my family. Everyone else is prone to running around like a chicken with its head cut off, being all productive and stuff but, unless guilted into assisting, I tend to just sit there and watch them. (Usually over the pages of my book.)
So, more time would probably just result in more reading...

IF, however, this were a perfect world…
I would exercise more and get a LOT more cleaning done around the house.
Perhaps not quite to the level of channeling my grandma, but close...

****************************
And finally, my last 3 questions for those of you who might feel like taking indulging my curiosity:

      1- What is your least favorite thing about TTWD? 
             (c'mon, you know you have one.)

     2- lil hated this question but I like it, so I’m asking it again…
If you could be friends with one famous person (past or present) who would it be?
(And if you can’t think of anyone to be friends with, who would you invite to dinner?)

3- You're a bartender - what name do you give to your "signature" drink?
Thank you to everyone who nominated me, reads me, and answers any of these questions!

4 comments:

greengirl said...

Thank you for indulging me. And I, for one, love the blog award idea. It may be off-putting more generally though, you're right. And reading is exactly what I would do, given more time.

Blondie said...

I really liked your replies. For some reason, I don't know why, but I always picture you as a younger version of me (or the person I would have been if I hadn't married and started having children so young. I like that you don't want to top, like to read, and would love to get paid to go to school. Not in love with Sean Connery, I like Daniel Craig better. Lol
Great questions that you are throwing out there but would love to read other's responses, not mine.

Cat said...

Loved your answers Jz! Since you've been so generous to share your answers with us, I'll answer your questions:
1. My least favorite thing was getting a hard discipline spanking rather than an attitude adjustment.
2. I would love to be friends with Katherine Hepburn...she was such a strong and unique individual. She owned her choices.
3. I actually bartended for a man I was dating and created a drink that I named "Cat's Hurricane" with light rum, dark rum, triple sec, grenadine, lime juice and pineapple juice. Shake it well, pour over ice and top with a slice of orange.

Hugs and blessings...
Cat

Jz said...

gg-
Thank you. They were good questions.
(Even if I did try to shoot myself in the virtual foot with one of my answers!)

B-
Oh, thank you. Old people always like to hear that they seem young! ;-D
Daniel Craig is good, too, but Sean Connery just has an overall air that I prefer. (And, those lips…)

And I'm glad you like the questions, but where will we be if *everyone* takes that "I hope someone else does this" attitude, ma'am?
I'm teasing. Well, I'm serious, but I'm teasing. I don't want anyone feeling pressured to answer them.

C-
Omigosh! I *love* that someone who's answering actually HAS made a signature drink! I'm sure if I imbibed, I'd love it! (This is not a temperance stance, I just don't like the taste of most alcohol.)

And yes, Katherine Hepburn would undoubtedly have been a friend to keep you on your toes.

Thanks so much for the answers.
(Notice I'm pretending not to think about a discipline spanking…. owch)