Tuesday, July 31, 2018

The Joy of Piffle

Beside the astrological follies, birthday week festivities also included a dinner & movie date with BookMan - who loves to end his emails with some of the most magnificent piffle you will ever have the pleasure of reading:

     “I remain, breathless as always at the prospect of seeing your unearthly beauty”

     “OK, “unearthly” might be a bit over the top, even for me…”

     “Celestial?  Awe-inspiring? Breathtaking? Dumbfounding?  Record-shattering?  
          Somehow, ‘a bit above the national average’ seems so ... inadequate.”

I giggled until it hurt.

No need to worry about me fitting my swollen head through the doorway, however.

For one thing, hard on the heels of receiving that gem, I came across another meme, which reminded me that Libras (I’m lookin’ at you, BookMan!) are “a little too good at lying…” 
(OK, piffle isn't really a lie - but it's clearly not the truth either, so not to be taken seriously.)

Plus, I do own a mirror.

But still, the piffle itself is grand, don't you think?
;-D

7 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Jz - a good old giggle over some piffle won't do any of any harm ... wonderful descriptive words here though ... even swollen head (in this heat there could be another way for that) is a wee bit interesting to think about ... but piffle is just grand - thank you ... cheers Hilary

messymimi said...

Some sincere flattery from a person you like and admire is always welcome, i say.

Jz said...

H-
Yes - BookMan and SP are tied for "Person Who Makes Me Laugh The Most". Their word play is superb and I am a very happy woman whenever I talk with either of them. :-)

mm-
Oh, absolutely!
But the teasing makes it even more fun. :-D

Fondles said...

LOL i quite like that word, Piffle.

Jz said...

F-
It *is* a good one, isn't it?
;-D

Red said...

That's delightful!
My best friend is a Libra, and very sensitive about people lying to her. I wonder if it's because she's good at it? I've never caught her in a lie, tbh.

Jz said...

R-
Oh, I don't think being good at lying necessarily means that you lie a lot - just that you're convincing if you should decide to! And as I said, piffle really is not lying anyhow - I was simply amused by coming across that statement so soon after the exchange. BookMan's not a liar, either. Just a darned good piffler!