Thursday, July 5, 2018

100 Seconds

Previously on ARB… 
BG had just uttered the Great Toy Use Pronouncement: 
“…the first time play time is with me. Period.”

But there was more to come….

“However, you have homework. You get 10 seconds on each setting - no more, no less. I want hand-written notes of which you like best. These you will leave, conveniently placed (preferably next to a beer) for me to review.” 
“Ten settings, 100 seconds, zero orgasms. Get busy.” 

Wheeee!
I love this type of assignment!

I grabbed notebook, pencil, and new toy; hit the timer feature on my phone; and let the good times roll. I’ll confess that times like these are when I really wish I could remember the shorthand that mom taught me as a kid. But I did my best with my own form of note-taking, which incorporates abbreviation, l33t speak, scientific notation, and (this time at least,) a lot of exclamation points. There had to be enough information, after all, to allow me to both rank the settings and explain my choices. Not that he’d asked for explanations… but he knows me quite well. I’m pretty sure he knew he was in for excessive verbiage.

One hundred enjoyable seconds later, I relaxed both hands and set out to decrypt my writing. (Almost like I was distracted when I took notes…) I did have to turn the toy back on once, but only to listen to the sound of the patterns - I did NOT break the rules and touch it to anything corporeal after time was up - No, No!

In reasonably short order, I had drawn up my Settings in Order of Preference, as well as a brief yet adjective-rich summary of just how and why I had arrived at my decisions. 

“Find anything you like yet?”
“Just finishing up the notes, sir!”
“This should be an interesting read…”

An interesting read and an interesting experience - for both of us. He did indeed review the notes as a whole (over the beer) … and then re-read them, one setting description at a time. (As I played demo model, providing a corresponding visual for each setting.) Details and documentation absorbed and filed for future use, First Play Time officially began.

Now, we’re always good together, so I can’t lay claim to Best Scene Evah just because we had such an extensive conversation about the toy. But the increased openness really does seem to be adding a new depth to our relationship, which in turn lends a certain je ne sais quoi to everything we do… 

Well worth 100 seconds and a cramped hand. (Or two.)

10 comments:

olivia said...

Woohoo! That sounds like fun - and I think that conversation thing does add another layer to the good times. In any case, I'm just glad the times are good. :) Thanks for sharing your joy.

Mrs Fever said...

That sounds like a spectacular homework assignment. ;)

(And what a fun tool - literally - to use for opening the conversation!)

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Jz .. I definitely need to know more - rather to understand more! Enjoy the interaction though - cheers Hilary

messymimi said...

The better we communicate and understand each other, the better everything gets.

Also, as for the apple turnovers and when they should be celebrated, i don’t set them, i just report them. If i set them, i’d agree with you.

Jz said...

o-
It really is fun to be with someone whose sense of play fits so well with mine.
:-)
Yy

gg-
*bump*

Mrs. F-
Yes. He gives good homework. ;-p

H-
Well, the point is more the feeling than the details anyhow, and I think you’re well on top of that.
:-D

mm-
Oh, I wasn’t faulting you for turnover day… just sharing my puzzlement.
(But I’m glad to know you’d agree with me!) :-)

Bleue D'âme said...

This sounds like so much fun. You deserve good things *nods*.

Bleue D'âme said...

And oh, I like your expanded blogroll! with the ** Cool.

Jz said...

B-
aww, thank you sunshine!
It was a lot of fun.

And I'm glad you like the expanded blogroll. I wanted to add some more people that I really enjoy reading but let's face it - some of our stuff is not for the faint of heart. Poor Thelma clicked on something the first time she visited that caused her to slam her laptop shut. It was shock, not prudery, but still... You don't do that to the unsuspecting.

Fondles said...

Clever (**)notation.

And what a fun assignment. Wishing you more good times ahead!

Jz said...

F-
Thank you. :-)
(Your lips to God's ears!)