Nope. Still not fixed.
It's been a perfect storm of unhappy coincidences and I won’t bore you with the long, drawn-out story, suffice it to say that I'll be getting a new well soon… and my nerves are shot.
On the bright side, I’ve gained much knowledge about the different ways to prime a pump. (Kraken now calls me “The Pump Whisperer”)
The down side is that the God of the Pump is a sadistic fiend who requires sacrifice. The only primes it will accept in offering are the ones that have left me completely doused in water, hair dripping and slippers squelching. (Generally with squealing also involved.)
I tire of its little games.
So forgive me for being distracted and uninvolved in blogland. It's not personal.
(At least I can focus enough for the holiday Trek memes to begin!)

5 comments:
Oy. That sounds like... Ugh.
But I'm glad you're getting it fixed! (Even though it'll be expensive, it'll be functional -- always a good thing!)
My parents' well is as old as their house. I haven't yet gotten a call saying it's no longer service-able, but I fully expect I will, and soon.
And yes, I can easily see St Wharf in that illustration. 😁
Right now i am angry at your well on your behalf, and hoping it all gets straight soon. Your pump deserves a kick in the posterior.
St. Nick has a side we never looked at before!
Well, well, well. Well, darn it!
Hi Jz - sounds really frustrating and completely unnecessary at this time of year. I hope things go slowly forward without any more hassles - all the best - Hilary
Feve,
Thanks. I'm glad I'm getting it fixed, too.
(Altho' there are going to be significant trust issues for quite some time...)
mm-
I love the indignation, thank you!
It's a good one, isn't it? I'm just glad I remembered it in time!
D-
Nyuka, nyuk. ;-)
H-
It does feel completely unneccessary... but I'd rather now than in 2 months, when they wouldn't be able to dig. (OK, I stretched for that silver lining but it's still true!)
Post a Comment