Thursday, December 31, 2020

Not Sorry to See This One Go!

I got an email today from King Arthur Baking, urging me to “Start the year right with our keto-friendly pancakes for breakfast”!  A very sensible suggestion… except I’ve already planned to make cinnamon rolls and I cannot bring myself to feel that anything keto-friendly is a better idea.


Yes, my diet is going to have to start occupying a great deal of head space soon… but not just yet. For now, I’m still busy trying to suck all the fun out of the holiday that I can.

A very Happy (and hopefully improved) New Year to everyone!



13 comments:

Mrs Fever said...

I am a huge fan of homemade cinnamon rolls, so I'm all about saving the me to for another day!

Happy New Year!

Mrs Fever said...

Ha! Autocorrect got me. KETO, not "me to." :P

messymimi said...

Go for the Cinnamon Rolls. A blessed and beautiful Happy New Year to you!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Jz - thankfully I've reduced a little to simple eating and even though I love cakes and pastries I manage to avoid them mostly! I also am not a happy bunny eating breakfast - the way I am and always have been ... I do enjoy food though and am lucky not to have allergies. Take care and enjoy life - I look forward to hearing about your cookies et al ... Hilary

Fondles said...

Keto schmeto. I love cinnamon rolls. Have an extra one for me.

Here's wishing you a less sucky year in 2021!

Life of Elliott said...

Wish I was there having one.

selkie said...

LOVE cinnamon rolls!!

olivia said...

Happy New Year, Jz. Here's hoping 2021 is the year we need it to be!!
💜

Jz said...

Feve,
Fortunately, my mama didn't raise no fools.
Cinnamon rolls for the win!

mm-
I'll have one for you, shall I? :-)

H-
You clearly have superior will-power - send some this way, will you please?

F-
"keto schmeto" sums it up nicely.
Yours was consumed warm - I hope you enjoyed it. :-D

E-
Welcome!
(But why are you assuming I'd share??)
:-p

s-
We'll add them to the list, along with Coldstone Creamery and chowder w/fritters...

o-
You nailed that wish, my friend!
Best wishes back atcha.
Yy

Arti said...

How did the cinnamon rolls turn out Jz?

Wishing you a healthy and happy 2021.

Sending you warm hugs from Doha.

Arti xx

Jz said...

A-
Happy New Year, sunshine!
The cinnamon rolls turned out well - a tasty start to 2021. :-)

Fondles said...

Warm is fine. So's cold straight out of the fridge. Heck who cares. It's a cinnamon roll.

Thank you. It was delicious!

Jz said...

:-D