Saturday, March 18, 2017

On a Dime

It was a grumpy day all ‘round. 
The end of a long week, the time change, people fed up with the weather… 
So we were grousing over lunch… a nice, cozy group grouse.

One woman complained, “… and I got no sleep last night at all. First a big branch broke off a tree outside and woke us both us - and of course, we had to get up and go see what the noise was - then a mouse got into something and I had to listen to that for ages…!”

~murmurs of sympathy all around~
“oh, that’s the worst.”
“Soooo annoying!”

One curious soul wondered aloud, “What do you think he was chewing on?”

“Oh, probably my husband’s nuts…”

*blink, blink*
Several carefully blank faces turned toward her.

A tentative, “Would you, perhaps, care to rephrase that? Or, at least, explain...?”

And just like that, the Mood of the Day turned to laughter and silliness.
(with perhaps the slightest touch of bawdy, but I’d never tell on my friends!)

3 comments:

fur sissy said...

This made me smile.

Thank you for sharing.

Cat said...

Thanks for the giggle, Jz. :)

Hugs and blessings...Cat

Jz said...

fs-
I'm glad. :-)
Welcome!

C-
You're welcome.
I hope it did you as much good as it did me. :-D