Thursday, October 15, 2015

The Storage Dilemma

When we first started playing, we didn't have a toybox. We didn't need one -- his hands, his belt, and some clothespins covered all bases just fine. Oh, and rope. (Hands and rope are our eternal constants.) 

As the years go by, however, our collection has grown -- and I've been stashing it all in one of those attractive photo boxes you get at the craft store: 
Clothespins, nipple clamps, wartenberg wheel, flogger, hot pink nipple sucker thingies, candles, matches, condoms, mini slapper, lube, vibe, rope… all small or flexible items. 
Even before The Great Purge of our time apart, everything could be discreetly tucked away.
Now that the rapprochement has held for over a year, however, we've dared begin to restock the box -- and not all of our purchases have been small. 
Discretion is becoming harder and harder to come by.
       And the fact that I'm a fussbudget isn't helping matters. 

I could size up the photo box -- that would take care of the majority of the items. 
But the damned crop still dangles shamelessly over the edge -- which it does in a storage hassock, as well. 

I could try a duffel-sized gym bag but the unstructured design doesn't offer much protection… 

I suppose I could get some big ol' plastic tote, but I'm resisting that idea on general principles. In my house, plastic storage is for hidden areas only. (I find the combination of honey pine and polycarbonate to be visually distressing.) So it would have to be tucked well away… and I'm too lazy for dusty expeditions to the basement on a weekly basis.

It's true that either of my cedar chests could contain all the goods (and add a lovely scent to our scenes as the crop whooshes through the air on its way to my flesh) but then where do I put all my sweaters and blankets and cherished heirloom dry goods?

What to do? What to do?

(Sometimes it's hell being kinky…)

8 comments:

Dubs said...

It's time for some adventures in woodworking kink, Jz. A wooden, under-the-bed box on wheels (hidden roller skate wheels make a great non-marking touch). Given your penchant for klutz though, you probably need to be a tied-up spectator.

Barring the woodshop, you could use a large, lower dresser drawer.

Unknown said...

Hmmmm, good suggestions Dubs has!! Curious to see what you end up with...

greengirl said...

Old trunk or foot locker, kept rustic or painted to fit in wit your decor?
Nice problem to have, eh?

Anonymous said...

I like juxtaposition... So the first thing that came to mind was something like a blanket or quilt cedar chest. Who would guess what wonders await inside :)

Bleue D'âme said...

Like GG suggestions and it sounds like those would suit your style.

Right now, my solution is to hang everything off a skirt hanger (gags and dildos and smaller stuff are in little fabric bags to keep them neat and clean), it works. We have a shelf planned, where a large canvas will hang in front of it but haven't had time to finish putting it together.

Jz said...

D-
Oh, Master Craftsman,
You do know that if you lived closer I'd be tapping your table saw suggestively and batting my eyelashes at you, right?
;-p

s-
Our Dubs is a thinker, it's true.
And yeah, I'm pretty curious to see what I end up with, too!

gg-
That's a good thought - tho' I'm pretty short on floor space. And you know, I don't dare change the traffic flow of years because we both know whose head would be going over whose teakettle in that instance… ;-p
But I shall give the possibilities a think…

ann-
Welcome! Yes, there is a certain charm to the thought of turning the cedar chests into a kind of utilitarian pervertible, isn't there?

B-
There are many fine ideas here, it's true.
Little fabric bags sound very nice.
I think I'm insufficiently disciplined to use them, however. Gimme a big ol' box I can just close the lid on once. :-D

Leis said...

I just went to the hardware store and bought a tool bag and padlocks (we have kids at home)

Jz said...

E's-
Welcome. :-)
That's another idea, certainly.
The crop is still a bit long for most of the tool bags I've seen but there would be compartments to cut down on some of the jumble…