Sunday, October 4, 2015

Unfair

2 friends in 4 weeks is 2-2 much…

11 comments:

Misty said...

That is cruel...

I'm so very sorry, Jz!

greengirl said...

I am so sorry - the feelings are crushing.

Jz said...

Thank you both.

This one's hitting harder than the first -- I think because the circumstances are particularly unfair.
Not that anyone ever promised us that life would be fair but some people do seem to get more than their share of hard knocks. You've got idjits like me, bumbling along pointlessly through life... yet we're still here, while loving parents of young children are being swept away by this wretched disease.

Some things are just hard to accept gracefully.

Dubs said...

Sorry to hear about your friends, Jz. It's a terrible tragedy for children to have to bury their parents at a young age. I've known a couple of kids who had to do that. It marks 'em for life. Some strong; others train wrecks. (Hopefully, I misread and the parents are still fighting through.)

Jz said...

D-
No, you didn't misread, unfortunately.
You're right, tho'. It's all in how you process it. For me, I realized that if I could live through losing my mom, I could live through anything… and I think that has turned into a strength. (Maybe?)
But it also leaves you without a lot of support and wisdom -- no matter how good a job the remaining parent does, there is still that lack. So it does indeed open the door for a lot of weaknesses to get in, as well.

Bleue D'âme said...

That is so unfair.
I'm so sorry Jz.

Jz said...

Thank you, Bleu

Storm said...

Seriously, the powers that be need to just give you a pass on October.

Bump* and chocolate.

Jz said...

l-
Thank you. That would be lovely... but I'm not holding my breath.
I'll be happy if everyone just stays well and reasonably content. :-)

Anonymous said...

It sucks. Sending hugs. Nothing anyone says makes this okay or better. It hurts and it sucks. Maybe it helps to feel the support around you. .. at least a little bit. Gods... so true what you said about losing your mom. .I survived and in many ways it made me stronger. But still? Cancer sucks.

Nilla

Jz said...

yeah
I want that disease gone so bad it hurts.
It's not just that it kills people but it's a bully, toying with its victims.
I hate it, I hate it, I hate it.