Thursday, October 8, 2015

In Which I Briefly Get It

If you've read here any length of time, you know I'm not particularly visual when it comes to Things Erotic. On the whole, I'm much more aurally or intellectually triggered -- my optic nerve is not the most direct path to my libido. 

But there are moments… and I had one of them the other day.

A thirty-something in lycra running gear (something I usually find rather off-putting) had slowed next to me to check his watch and catch his breath. I was observing, in my usual detached sort of way, that he had an unusually attractive butt/leg proportion going on, neither scrawny nor overly-buff (which seem to be the kinds that usually fill lycra tights,) when he started running again...

And the angels sang.



Just like that, I was transfixed. All pretensions of detachment flew out the window and I found myself reduced to a mindless, blinking ninny, enthralled by the very visible interplay of muscle. I was lost to a beautiful symphony of movement, wanting nothing more than to follow the music and dance.

Sadly, reality would not let me succumb to the siren song. Even if ankle and overall fitness would permit me to chase after him, responsibility would not. I had an elderly companion who could not be abandoned to the perils of dark city streets while I sprinted off in pursuit of visual bliss. (Not to mention the likelihood of stalking charges.)

Still, for a minute, I caught a glimpse of what it is like to lust by sight.
And for one fleeting, shining moment, I understood.  :-)

5 comments:

greengirl said...

I absolutley appreciate bodies - in both purely aesthetic ways and also more lustfully. One of my first outings with my husband was a bike ride - i remember just admiring his calves for miles and miles. Sounds like that will be a nice memory for you - i love those kinds of things - just random, no future or past - just a moment and an aspect.

Dubs said...

As rarely as the visual seems to transfix you, Jz., I guess that rather ordinary - probably tired glute/ham muscle movement - qualifies as an epiphany?!

That's why I like the moonkids so much. 'Oh, lookie, a bright, shiny thing. Let's ponder on that for a moment... Oh, shit, what was I thinking? Oh, oh, what does that make me?!' Five rabbit trails later, exhaustion.

Be well.;)

Jz said...

gg-
Yes… I've always appreciated them, it's just that my appreciation rarely goes deeper than my brain. (You know what I mean.) It's the being struck by lust as a result that surprises me. That is a pretty rare thing. But you're right, it's a lovely moment to enjoy for itself.

D-
He may indeed have been tired but the muscles did not move like they were! ;-D
Epiphany might be a teeny bit strong but it's true that that kind of wow doesn't come around often in my world.

I'm not sure that I go to "Oh, oh, what does that make me" level, tho' -- it's usually more of a, "well… … That was interesting…" resolution. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your teasing but I don't usually get too upset by my deviations from my norm… However, you are certainly right that I will think them to death! ;-p

Pygar said...

Great to discover your lust for another through the visual experience!

I have rediscovered the delights of oggling other beautiful creatures - though in my case females in lycra or other revealing garb. I had studiously tried to restrain myself from this practice in case I was perceived as a sexist, rude male if noticed when looking.

However my sub Inès also loves the sight of beautiful fit women - so we ogle together and compare! Harmless but great fun!

Perhaps now you have discovered you can be turned on by the sight of a fit male, you may gain pleasure in looking out for others. Have fun!!!!

P xx

Jz said...

P-
How nice to see you back around here!

I wouldn't count on this becoming habit… I've had these flashes on and off at times and they've never "held" yet, but I can always appreciate from the aesthetic viewpoint anyhow.

Yes, the "shop and compare" can be fun - SP and I used to do that with all manner of pretty young things.
:-)