Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Singin' in the Rain


The afternoon thunderstorm turned the sky pitch-dark and loosed a sudden, torrential downpour that flooded the serpentine back road. I squinted through sheets of water, my windshield wipers squeaking in furious motion before me. As I carefully rolled to a stop at the intersection, my eye was caught by a burst of motion off to my right.

A boy, maybe 10 years old, was in the side road. 
Shirtless, clad only in bathing trunks, he was “walking” the family dog -
In the pouring rain - 
While wearing roller skates. 

The dog? 
Was a Doberman. 
A larger-than-boy, prancing, puddle-loving Doberman.

They were splashing and swooping wildly along the road, having the absolute time of their lives. I could hear the barking and laughter even through closed windows and the din of rain pounding on the car roof.

#BestMomentofTheWeek

5 comments:

Mrs Fever said...

Oh, that's AWESOME! I can totally picture it, rollerskates and all. *laugh*

Ah, youth... ;)

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Jz - wonderful description you've given us ... and oh wouldn't that be fun - loved it! Cheers Hilary

messymimi said...

Oh, yes! It would be a lark to do that (as long as it's not a thunderstorm, of course, one must be practical).

Bleue D'âme said...

<3

Jz said...

Mrs F-
I grinned for a long while, that's for sure. :-)

H-
We could do a conga line on skates, maybe? :-D

mm-
Well, there was some thunder, but no lightning... and it was far-off. So I didn't feel the need to roll down my window and scold.

B-
:-D