Wednesday, September 25, 2019

A Twitch In Time

(September Song Project, #5)

Driving through town the other day, I was struck by one of those rogue nerve spasms that irritate a person every now and again. Usually, mine center near an eyelid and give the appearance of frantic winking. This one was a little different, however - it broke out between nose and upper lip, repeatedly pulling my face up into a sneer.

This, as you can imagine, was both fairly maddening and quite unattractive, but try as I might, I could not overpower the twitch. That darned lip just kept curling up - I felt like Elvis Presley.

After a few minutes of fruitless struggle, I finally decided, “If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em”, took a deep breath, and belted out,“You ain’t nothin' but a Hound Dog” at the top of my lungs.

The tic immediately abated.

Thank you. Thank you very much.

NEVER underestimate the power of The King!

3 comments:

Mrs Fever said...

Okay, I just belted out a laugh at that one.

(And now have that song stuck in my head!)

messymimi said...

Are you going to start attending the Church of Elvis? Heeheehee!

Jz said...

Mrs. F-
:-D
You're welcome.

mm-
Not immediately, no.
But I'll bet the music is terrific! ;-p