Last weekend was spent at Thelma’s house and in the course of our many long, convoluted conversations, she mentioned that she’d like to have a pool. Since Thelma lives even closer to the shore than I do, I was a bit surprised - and said so.
“Well, I only want the pool so I can have a pool boy…”
(*eyebrow wiggle*)
Ah… Priorities. Got it.
While this still doesn’t make me want a pool, it did get me thinking. Thinking about all the things that never really get finished around my house, because I’m doing it all alone - and having to divide my attention. Cleaning, painting, demolishing, renovating, gardening, mowing, pruning, clearing brush, shoveling gravel…
It’s an awful lot for one cresting-the-hill-of-middle-age woman, particularly the heavy stuff.
It’s an awful lot for one cresting-the-hill-of-middle-age woman, particularly the heavy stuff.
I need help.
So, in My Perfect World, I’ll have a Yard Guy.
![]() |
| Brenden Fraser in "Gods and Monsters" |
(and, you know, whatever happens, happens…) ;-p

9 comments:
Life can be rough. Enjoy yout yard guy!
Okay, the pool boy bit made me laugh. My mother has been saying for years, "When I retire," -- (she will NEVER retire; it would mean she'd have to be home with my dad more than she can stand) -- "I want a cabana boy." :P
More power to you both, I say! ;)
Well, I'm in on that one!
I need a yard guy too and FOR the yard LOL - At my stage of life that is more desirable LOL! I want to dig up a part of my yard and make a place where I can place all the bird feeders .. using old patio stones I dug up LAST year when the new deck was put in. But they're so DAMN heavy!
Don’t be jealous, we have a yard guy. He’s called Mike-Next-Door, and he is over 6 feet tall and works out a lot and looks a lot like the picture here. He is also exactly two weeks younger than my #1 Son and i’ve watched him grow up since he was about 7, and he’s recently married and very happy.
Definitely a good idea. Although, you know actual yard guys don't look like that...
R-
First I have to get him - THEN I can enjoy him! ;-p
Mrs. F-
I like the way your mother thinks. (Her name isn’t Thelma, is it?) ;-)
D-
Come live next door - we’ll split him!
s-
Because you’re my cosmic twin, I’ll whisper this in your ear…
The yard is really what I want him for too!
But a little eye candy never hurts anything!
mm-
Oh, sure. Rub it in.
;-p
L-
Please do not shatter my dreams…
(Besides, see mimi’s comment above!)
I 'd like a yard boy and also a pool too. But then if I had a pool, there would be no yard.... Still there's always the multitasking boy xx
j-
PERFECT!
Multitasking Guy it is.
*nod, nod*
Post a Comment