I’ve always wanted to see the Northern Lights, so in My Perfect World, I'm going to!
Since this is an “N” post, I should probably go all alliterative on you and declare that I’ll be going to go to Norway for this… surely a very fine place from which to see them.
However, to honor my little Finnish grandma and the trip we never got to take, I’m going to Finland for my Northern Lights viewing — and I must say that NOTHING about these pictures makes me think that’s a bad idea.
Just a few of the amazing images found here:




10 comments:
Wow - beautiful pictures!!
Lots and lots of hiking in Norway, but I'm sure a good, heavy backpack will balance the load. Those poor knees and ankles, though.....
If cold didn't come with the lights, I would love to see the sky-fire.
It will be worth every minute!
I read a book when I was in elementary school that took place far enough north that they could see the Northern Lights. Don't remember the book, but I sure remember the part about the Northern Lights, so I can only imagine how impressive they must be in real life!
I used to live in Nome, Alaska, from where I could view the Aurora. There was even an informal forecast about range of color, size and activity. Well worth braving the cold for the feast for your eyes. @mirymom1 from
Balancing Act
I have a huge Bucket List and seeing the Northern Lights is #19 on that list. I will get there someday.
o-
Doesn’t it look gorgeous?
D-
Yesterday’s joke, my friend! ;-p
E-
It’s my perfect world - adequate clothing will also be present! ;-D
mm-
I think so, too. :-)
D-
I think that’s what started my hankering, as well.
It did sound like magic when you heard about them as a kid, didn’t it?
S-
How cool that you have those memories!
Thank you for stopping by. :-)
B-
Have you thought about where you’ll go to see them?
I am leaning toward doing it in Norway.
B-
Gotcha. If i didn't have a Finnish tie, I think I'd be more prone to say Norway myself.
Post a Comment