One of the difficulties in planning for your perfect world is the problem of altering your mindset. A few of the items on my little list here fall into the category of, “things I would change”… yet it stands to reason that in My Perfect World, there would be no need for change, as those things would already have achieved their Platonic Ideal.
This would, of course, be quicker and less complicated… but would also leave me fewer things to write about. So, for the sake of the challenge goal, in My Perfect World, I will be undergoing Mammoplasty. (Of the reductive sort.)
Of course, there’s actually nothing stopping me in this world, either. It’s an expensive operation but I know that insurance often covers breast reduction. True, the surgeon must remove a certain amount of actual breast tissue - not just fat - before insurance will cover the costs… but I think I could squeak in under the wire on that one. (I’m not so large that one wonders how I can stand up, but they are big enough to be a flippin’ nuisance.)
The problem I see with this, however, is that even tho’ I’d love to sport the results of breast reduction, there’s not a danged thing actually wrong with my breasts. I don’t particularly like them but learning to deal with things you don’t like is part of growing up, right? And realistically, they’ve treated me well over the years. (Even if they do occasionally go rogue and dial phones or practice typing on keyboards…) They’ve remained healthy, despite the genetic tendencies that took my mom well before her time, and putting them through a Ronco Slice and Dice seems like a damn poor way to pay them back for that forbearance.
Mind you, I am NOT judging anyone who chooses surgery - and I completely understand the desire, believe me. If the non-invasive technique of screaming “GO AWAY!” at one’s breasts worked, I would have achieved boob nirvana years ago.
Maybe my perfect world should just feature Acceptance, instead…?
Nah…
Mammoplasty.

13 comments:
That's not what *she* said....
https://areluctantbitch.blogspot.com/2019/04/ill-just-hit-post-and-walk-casually-away.html
Acceptance is a bitch.
And ha @Dubdub made me LOL.
Now, in your perfect world, if the big boobies were no longer a problem, then this is moot, but do you lose sensation when you have reduction surgery? Because I got new ones with my reconstruction surgery, and they are completely numb....
As long as they aren’t causing back pain, i would guess surgery wouldn’t be worth the expense and pain and recovery time.
I'm enjoying your perfect world, but I don't have a problem with this. You handle your troubles with humor very well. In a perfect world there would be no troubles. How do we get there?
In my perfect world, or hopefully some day in a wealthier future, I would have mastopexy surgery - a boob lift. (I had to look up the technical term.) Mine are large too - but not so large to require reduction. As I get older they get droopier, and it is too hot where I live for me to have them sagging too low!
D-
So, you’re a, ummm, coffee guy, huh?
;-p
point taken.
(But my wish remains the same!)
B-
True dat.
And yes, Dubdub can getcha when you’re not paying attention…
D-
I’m not sure about the whole breast feeling numb. From what I’ve read, you’ve got about a 50/50 chance with the nipple, depending on what is done. Sometimes they have to completely remove and replace it, severing the nerves and leaving it numb, (similar to what I assume happened with your surgery) but sometimes they can work around it and just re-center everything… which allows you to retain sensation.
Of course, in a perfect world… everything works just fine!
mm-
Certainly not worth the bother in this world, no.
But in that perfect one…? ;-)
L-
Thank you.
And I don’t know, but the first to figure it out, spead the word, ok? :-)
R-
I hear ya. I lived in Hawaii for a while and the last thing on earth I wanted to do there was go bra-less, for that very reason. HOT! (And let’s not even talk resultant skin conditions…)
The coffee mug in question is voluminous enough for average lady's requirements of stimulants! A good morning's worth in one cup!
Mind you, no "documentary" maker is knocking down the door to film it or its use, but those "videographers" usually produce some pretty boring stuff. You've seen one coffee mug in use, you've seen most of them. People generally enjoy tasting the real thing...
Okay, I've worn this poor metaphor out.
D-
You did kinda take it on a nice, long stroll, didn't you?
;-p
I have had two friends who had reductions - and BOTH never regretted it for ONE SECOND - only thing they regretted was not doing it sooner! As a bonus, they BOTH looked around 30 lbs lighter without losing weight! The COMFORT level after it was something they really hadn't anticipated. Both were still very comfortably full - big boobed still -just not ginormous. Berma, my gf who had it done a few years ago (at 65!)- had us in stitches, the biggest adjustment for her was realizing she could no longer hide EVERYTHING in her boobs. It was actually a bit of an office joke - back in the day (20 years ago) we would go the smoking room (years since we smoked and more since there was such a thing!)- she would reach in, pull out cigarettes, pull out a lighter, pull out her change purse, pull out a book.... it was hilarious. Once, one of our lawyers was working in there (we used to call it his "satellite" office as he was a heavy smoker so as soon as 5 rolled around he would move down there)- another lawyer came in for a ciggie and a chat. Left, came back a few minutes later, asking if we saw the papers had had in his hands. Without missing a beat, David, working away on his laptop was like "Did you look in Berma's bra?" - it was too funny! Anyways, she was still bosumey but to the extent of the a change purse - other stuff started falling through (as they didn't just remove flesh but firmed up and pulled up!)_.
s-
Well, I don't hide things there... too much risk of undignified groping around. ;-p
(altho' they do occasionally hold BG's beer...)
You aren't really helping the whole acceptance thing, you know!
My sister is HUGE and despite pressure from her Dr stays large. They're a pain sometimes, but hey, they're HERS. And frankly not many guys see big boobs as an issue, right?
s-
Certainly none of the guys I've dated...
In fact, BG had a hard time controlling his face when I mentioned I've considered this.
(He did NOT control the relief when I say, "but I'm not going to.")
Post a Comment