Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Hovering on High

Before I head home from Spain, however, I need to swing by Turkey…

You already know I want to see Hagia Sofia, but no worries - I’m not going to repeat myself and use that again. No, in my perfect world, my Turkish H is found outside of Istanbul.
Because I’m going to go Hot Air Ballooning over Cappadocia.

Really - it's a thing.
I’m going glide in silence over the spectacular landscape, gawking at the fairy chimneys and peering into caves, looking for early Christian monk graffiti.

Oh, and by the way, since this will take place in my perfect world, there won’t be any of this hot air balloon traffic nonsense, colorful tho’ it may be. Nope, when I go, the skies will be empty, except for one lone balloon, with me in it. (Altho’ you can maybe tag along if you’d like.)

(I left this one clickable-y large, in case you'd like an immersive experience.
Just scroll down past the black.)

5 comments:

ancilla_ksst said...

Oh my gosh, that looks amazing!

messymimi said...

For that, i would make myself get over my fear of flying, just for that.

Dyanne @ I Want Backsies said...

In your perfect world, your balloon won't come crashing down to the ground, right?

Red said...

We went a different direction when we visited Turkey, touring the sites of the churches of the Revelation. (The book of the Bible). Beautiful country. Now I want to go see the parts we never got to!

p.s. I'm using one of your suggestions for my I post. So glad you're a part of my AtoZ Audience Participation!

Doesn't Speak Klingon

Jz said...

a_k-
Doesn't it, tho'?

mm-
It would certainly reward the effort, wouldn't it?

D-
Silly woman! If I thought that question were anything but flippant, I'd worry about how you perceive me...
;-p

R-
Yes, there are a lot of churches in Turkey I'd love to see, as well. But I think I'd do the hot air thing first.
;-D

(And I'm happy to be among your audience - as I am that you are part of mine!)