Saturday, September 26, 2015

Saturday Morning Lesson (pure vanilla)

Women with vertigo are not at their best working on their backs under a jacked up car.
That is all.

(This, but without the fashionable jeans
or the comfy cushion.)

19 comments:

greengirl said...

Man - i hate it whent things that aren't supposed to require any attention require upside down, on your back, crawling underneath attention. I hope it was a one time thing!


Dubs said...

There's something exciting about a woman checking the undercarriage of anything! Human undercarriages > mechanical bottoms.

Hopefully it was a quick oil change or tranny flush! If you had the torch out loosening rusted bolts on the exhaust flanges and changing the catalytic converter or muffler, respect. You're my type of gal!

(I'm assuming a gal of your wit had the tires chocked and double jacked? Investing in a good set of metal ramps - rated twice your vehicle's weight - even better.)

Jz said...

gg-
I think it's gonna have to be a mostly one-time thing.
Not only did I get sick to my stomach from the upside-down, looking-backwards part, but my neck would hardly bend the rest of my day and I had sporadic bursts of electrical-discharge feelings in my right hand.
HOWEVER… the fix will hold til I can get it to the garage!
Which is the part that counts. :-D

D-
And here I was, thinking I was safe talking about cars…
:shakes head:
;-p

I wish I could bask in your approval but it was only a jerry-rigging to hold me over until I can get to the garage. I did think I would do the whole fix but it turned out to involve removing the muffler, drilling things, and ordering parts that required special equipment. I just don't need the aggro.

BUT… yes, the tires were chocked and, altho' it was a single jack, I had wedged in a chunk of 4 x 8 that just fit under the tire, in case of jack-failure. (I don't do this often enough to warrant spending money on ramps.)

Dubs said...

Good on ya'! Nothing wrong with a patch and division of labor. You're still 99% more resourceful than most. Bask in that knowledge and accomplishment.

Gals checking underneath is always a good thing. It shows they're interested and not scared of 'sticking their nose in' - so to speak, of course. Even more kudos when they do it dizzily! ;) (In fact, even better. More to take advantage of if one where to come upon the lower half of a female form sticking out from the side of a car.)

Pat yourself on the back - carefully while sitting. ;p)

Dubs said...

If one 'were'. Subjunctive, subjunctive!

Jz said...

D-
You're being very generous… but thank you!

(And nice try, but I can't really see you as an exploiter of dizzy women… I'm pretty sure you let them recover first!) ;-D

Dubs said...

Yea, okay, I don't do physical exploitation unless specifically requested. In my head...(but always politely), that's another matter....!

Jz said...

It's that Southern Gentleman thing! ;-)

Unknown said...

Lol at you and Dubs... and super impressed at your car-ability.

Anonymous said...

I have ramps, and do not have vertigo, and yet, I do not get under any of my cars. My days of car repair and modification are long gone. I'm too old for that stuff now (although I do have a Chilton manual for my car). I applaud your Yankee spirit (in left coast speak, "You're a badass!)

~littlemonkey

Jz said...

s-
thank you.
We aim to amuse. (If I may be so bold as to speak for Dubs, as well…)

lm-
Now, see…? I have no Chilton manual… I was reduced to googling YouTube.
But it did what I needed it to do, so I'm not complaining.
(Are badasses supposed to say, "thank you"?)

Dubs said...

I'm aiming to get Jz to do a Nilla Thursday, if truth be told! (Is it Thursday that Nilla shows off her pretty twins?)

Anyway, until the next century when Jz would probably agree, we have to keep her from asking too many internal questions and vertical or horizontal as the situation dictates. No 45-degree attempts at flying, and certainly no gymnastics involving Belgium waffles.

Oh, and some kind soul up her way needs to fix her dag-gone riding lawn mower. The last thing I want to read about is Jz's gymnastic floor routine involving a push mower!

So in conclusion, feet underneath her shoulders and hopefully one day a peek or two! ;p

And lo, and behold, waffles is the "I'm not a robot" selection. F'ing matrix, I'm telling you!

Jz said...

D-
As I already opined to you over on nilla's blog, I would think nilla's boobs would be more than enough for one man! ;-p

No full disclosure here -- you'll just have to settle for the various cleavage shots scattered among my posts. (althooooo…. if your words get someone to fix my lawnmower for me, I would at least consider the proposition…)

Now I'm hungry…

Anonymous said...

we should do a...*ahem*...twinset cleavage shot next time i visit. Thinking on it, though, it might just do in poor Dubs...and we can't lose our commentors...

nilla

Jz said...

n-
Now, you know I won't do that…
But I am intrigued by the puzzle of how we'd fit our 4 breasts into a single shot. ;-p

Dubs said...

I think I can handle all of that boobage and even the simplest phone cameras have a panoramic function!

You keep working on her, Nilla!

Tom Allen said...

"we should do a...*ahem*...twinset cleavage shot next time i visit."

I'm Tom Allen, and I approve of this message.

Jz said...

D-
Hey, *I* wasn't impugning your manhood!
I just refuse to engage in voluntary demoralization. ;-p

T-
oh my heavens did this make me laugh!
(I'm still giggling)

Jz said...

p.s.
pssst, Dubs!
There's a "photos" label…
shhhhhhh!