So, TMI Tuesday asked an interesting question this week:
Would you take advice from a porn star?
If yes, what type of advice would you like to hear?
What do you think, reading peeps?
I know what my response was… but I think I'd like to hear yours! :-D
(yes, a bit unfair but hey, my blog…)
(yes, a bit unfair but hey, my blog…)
13 comments:
Idk. What's the essence of a porn star? Someone who shows and, in many instances, verbally tells the camera what you, the viewer, are probably thinking. 'Ohhhhh, ahhhh, look at that big dick fuck my fill-in-the-blank.'
They're actors. Actors are professionally deceitful. (I'm not passing judgement. I've known a few good stage actors, and they're wonderful people - if a bit bi-polar! It's kind of a job requirement to go in and out of role...!)
So who knows if the advice you get would be the real McCoy?
Yes! How do I overcome my hair trigger gag reflex? Are there exercises for that? and why is Dubs is a bit of wet blanket today? :)
D-
Yeah… I have to admit, my first reaction was, "HELL, no! Why on earth would I do that?!?"
To me, porn stars are kind of one trick ponies (even if the tricks can make your eyes bug out of your head on occasion) and because I see their offerings as one-dimensional, I don't feel compelled to emulate them. The heat of sex, for me, is in the connection, not in the mechanics.
So I'm with you on not jostling into line for any advice from the "professional perfornicators"
That said, however…
lm-
Practical advice such as you wonder about might, indeed, be useful.
(Altho' BG holds that "practice, practice, practice!" is the key.) :-)
So you have me partially rethinking my knee-jerk response … but I'm afraid I'm still more in Dubs' corner than not on this one. (Which clearly means that I must disagree with the "wet blanket" thing!) ;-p
Thank you both for venturing an answer, tho'!
I love brave souls. :-D
Twice in a week I offer mea culpa's. That doesn't happen often! Once for my ageism (I'm a self hater!) and now for my fire-dowsing abilities.... ;)
I do porn, my women do porn - there's not really a third part in that conjugation... You get the point.
But aside from, 'how can you possibly have a sex life off camera', I don't have any burning questions. (Plus, I'm afraid if I did look there for advice, my sex life would be, 'hey, lets cut; how about we take some stills; oh, and get some more light on that crotch; and, oh, hey, sweety, did you shave with a shovel? That cunt looks like a chicken pox's case'.)
Jz, I clicked through the TMI link. I think the bonus question is more intriguing. Care to try?
Huh. I need more context. I'm just not that fond of taking advice.
And porn stars are actors. Actors! Dear goddess, why would I be so in need to take advice from an actor? Hello, my sixteen-year-old-self, been there done that. Actors *shudders*.
But to LM's comment, they might have skills and I would be exercises, too.
My work here is done, says the cheeky monkey, who lives to poke and tease.
D-
I didn't feel you were doing the soggy quilt thing… I think that was just monkey's way of teasing you.
And I agree, I just can't think what I'd ask, either. But while we're on that, I have to say that, "hey sweety, did you shave with a shovel?" is a combination of words that I had simply never considered before…
Thank you for that retina burn… ;-p
The bonus question is of the type that my reserved Yankee self usually bypasses… (plus, I like to leave at least some of the mystery intact!) but if you insist, I can give you a baseline:
"Nothing with children, animals, or non-consent"
("oooh, watch her dodge and evade!")
B-
Yep. Since advice always seems to carry a connotation of "because you're doing it wrong" I'm rarely too eager to get (or follow!) any myself. Plus, I rarely want to do anything anyone else's way.
(BG excepted, of course!)
LM-
"I came, I stirred the pot, I left…"? ;-p
So - not to segue or anything...but....was i the only one with bonnie tyler/bright eyes stuck in my head after this???? Go ahead - try to get it out of your head now! You're welcome.
Well, I had, up to that point escaped the earworm.
*AHEM!*
(even worse, now I'm seeing the video in my head… oh gad!)
Ah, mystery is a fine, fine characteristic.... As long as it's eventually, even partially, revealed!
And we're known for a few figures of speech down here. The lazy ones, like me, resort to alliteration. Our silver tongues employ a chiamus or two.
I can't think of anything they do that I haven't--or almost, anyway. Besides, it's not like M wants me to do something "like someone else suggested" because he's always "It's MY way...don't try to be creative. Just do what I say." (of course that gives me a wee bit of wiggle room to be silly...just not actually being intentional of acting like a porn star.)
Now i have to go see the click through that Dubs mentioned...
nilla
D-
Perpetual tantalization not your thing, then?
And yes, southern speech has its own charm, to be sure. :-)
n-
Oh, bless you! I was wondering if anyone would just out and say that! :-D
And yes… being the same as somebody else isn't high on my list, either.
(and no worries about the click-through - I'm sure there's nothing of interest there….)
*ahem*
Post a Comment