It's hot, it's Hot, it's HOT…!!!
(*whine, whine, whine*)
Too hot for computers, too hot to write, too hot for anything but lounging in the shade.
Too hot for computers, too hot to write, too hot for anything but lounging in the shade.
(and maybe surreptitiously checking out the scenery…)
![]() |
| "whoa, Trixie's rockin' that new collar over there…" |

5 comments:
Cool pup!
You don't know anything about heat - or humidity! ;)
D-
yeah, more dog envy on my part… :-)
Actually, I lived in Virginia (without a/c) for a number of years and have very vivid memories of those summers with highs in the high 90's, with humidity at 95% and up. So I am familiar with hot and humid… and you're absolutely right, this is nowhere near as bad…
But I'm still stinkin' uncomfortable! ;-p
Why does it always seem that summer weather just starts to get unpleasant just as back to school and schedules ramp up - makes me feel for people and kids in schools and other buildings without air...
Jz., if you lived in the 'Tidewater' area, you know something about heat and humidity. Filthy swamp! If, on the other hand, you lived in the Valley - before satan's metastasizing cancerous asshole, D.C., and the noveau riche of Charlottesville, did their best to destroy it - I don't think so. (15 million dollar 'horse farms' and boutique strip malls (sic). No Virginia yeoman worth his salt would have put up with that 40 years ago.)
The Shenandoah used to be about as close to god's country aesthetically and climatically...this side of the Mississippi. Alas.
gg-
Your lips to God's ears!
Buildings that not only have no air but that are holding fast to the heat and smells that accumulate over time…
*blergh*
D-
Tidewater.
But I used to escape to the Shenandoah sometimes - and second your appraisal. :-)
Post a Comment