1- Going to a hoppin' concert by an 80's dance music icon while nursing a fractured ankle (yes, I got a free upgrade on my injury) absolutely sucks.
![]() |
| Appropriately: I'll Tumble 4 Ya, I'll Tumble 4 Ya... |
It is possible, however, to redeem the evening by setting a new standard for chair dancing. :-D
2- DO NOT store your cherished stroopwafels near any bananas.
That pervasive banana thang will seep through even the strongest of baggies.
Which isn't to say that I don't enjoy a good banana, but not in my Treat of Treats, please…
(And no, they were not still these stroopwafels. Get real, people. Those didn't last 2 weeks. No, the ones in question were some minis that I can occasionally find at TJ's.)
3- Yup. I still want a dog...
And one of these would do quite well...
(altho' maybe not the one that looks kinda like Porky Pig)
4- I really need to spend more time listening to Bonnie Raitt.
I'm not sure when she got shuffled to the bottom of the pile but that needs to change.
Go ahead, hit play and start your weekend off right!

9 comments:
Awesome dog pics - my younger son is volunteering at a shelter and comes home with a new favorite he wants us to adopt every time. Just get one that is big enough to break your falls instead of causing them :) Hope you have a great weekend!
Those are some adorable dogs!
Chair dancin' sounds like table dancing or lap dancing....;)
Sweet, Mary Lou Retton, I can't even imagine that tumbling routine! How does a bag of fruit greased waffles....?
GG brings up a pertinent, as in, choose-very-wisely point. My dogs, ranging from an idiotic 90lb Golden Retriever to an egotistical miniature black Schnauzer, will take down any person whose center of gravity is around their knees, if they, the bipeds, are not looking. They don't mean to: they just think everything is dog scale. So, Jz, you probably ought to look in the purse-sized or the St. Bernard/Great Dane ranges! Ones that will either go quickly and painlessly to doggie heaven, or a size whose saddle you can grab as you randomly cartwheel across the lawn or inexplicably free dive toward the center of the earth!
Have fun.
(Ah, I see what you're doing with this 'prove you're not a robot' thing. Today, instead of all the steak or cake, it was pick all the wheelchairs.)
gg-
oh, I don't know. I can go head over teakettle over 'most any sized thing! ;-)
Sometimes I think the little ones can skitter away more promptly.
But it's a valid consideration, to be sure. :-)
ak-
Aren't they?
I think the idea of doing that kind of photoshoot for them is genius.
D-
:glossing right over the chair dancing thing, she says…:
I'm afraid I harbor a bit of disdain for most pocket-sized dogs. And they're way too yippy.
But the really big one tend to wear perpetural drool, and I'm not too keen on that, either.
S'ok, I figure that when the time is right, I'll recognize My Dog when I see it.
(And sorry…
"it was pick all the wheelchairs."…?
MY turn to say, "Pictures or it didn't happen!"
I swear there were chairs with wheels on them! Maybe some of the other posters saw it. I thought it was intentional! Perhaps it was just synchronicity!
I'm with you on the yippie dogs. Don't care for 'em. But you can 'punt' them! (Not in a cruel way, of course, but in a desperate attempt to remove them from your path of fall!)
As an inveterate car dancer, I appreciate your chair dancing skills. I'm so pleased to discover that we have a few more importent things in common.
Bonnie is on my regular iPod rotation, and I too have more than a modicum of contempt for tiny canines. A dog has substance, a real dog anyway. Yes, I'm a dog snob.
I'm also Bi. I like dogs and cats in equal measure. Perverted, I know, but I'm okay with that.
My cats are quite adept at attempting to murder me every morning by rushing under my feet while yelling at me to hurry up and feed them. Their timing is perfect, always on the 3rd or 4th step down the stairs, when I have some actual momentum.
D-
Suuuuuuure there were chairs with wheels…
uh-HUH…
;-p
Maybe I'll just stick with a medium size dog.
Perhaps a nice cockapoo or some other good-natured mutt of moderate stature…
:-)
lm-
Car dancing, chair dancing, even lawn dancing …(as seen here)
It's all good.
BG is pet-flexible, too. Not me, tho'. Strictly a dog kinda girl.
(Dogs RARELY attempt to murder you, either. Just sayin'…)
Oh so cool that you are dog-searching.
Sorry about your stroopwafels! Got to watch out for those nanners ;-p
B-
Sadly, I'm only dog-searching in my mind for now.
I can't in good conscience get a pet that would be left totally alone for 10 hours a day. Just not fair.
So I dream, instead. :-)
Thank you for the commiseration.
Bananas, like Wint'o'green Lifesavers, just do not play well with others.
You have to sequester them or they'll taint everything within a 10-ft radius!
Post a Comment