"Male Dominants, without question, usually require their submissives to give them oral service on occasion. "
On occasion?
On OCCASION???
Yes, I outright snorted.
******************************************
i like my body when it is with your
body. It is so quite new a thing.
Muscles better and nerves more.
i like your body. i like what it does,
i like its hows. i like to feel the spine
of your body and its bones, and the trembling
-firm-smooth ness and which i will
again and again and again
kiss, i like kissing this and that of you, ...
-e.e. cummings
particularly that
-me
******************************************
9 comments:
oh, how nice. i just love e.e. cummings. i'm going to hold on to that poem. :)
Hi persephone!
Yeah, cummings is my favorite poet.
I'll admit I chopped off the last couple of lines, however. Here's the whole thing:
http://oldpoetry.com/opoem/9769-e-e-cummings-i-like-my-body-when-it-is-with-your
Nice to meet you!
one of my favourite poets too JZ ...
I can never decide which I like best; the physicality he gives to words or the sheer mastery with which he plays with them. It's all right there but he makes you work to get it.
"(ponder,darling,these busted statues" is the one that sucked me in and remains my overall favorite still.
(Google it if you've never read it...)
OK, word-geek leakage now contained again!
Love the poem too....
mouse
another poet who is way up there for me ... pablo neruda - I want to role and coat myself in his imagry...
but then I think D. is a pretty fine poet and up there too! Damn those moody, introspective, silver tongued men!
I love this poem. Another of his that blew me away as a teenager (early indication of my interests :)) starts: "The boys I like are not refined". I think you would like it. xoAmy
selkie-
Any particular translator that you prefer for Neruda? I know with some it doesn't make a huge amount of difference but for others, it can be night and day.
For, you know, those of us who don't have a poet in the house...
Amy-
Welcome! I'm almost as excited to see you comment as I was when you guys started posting again! (And I'm still eagerly awaiting more Megan stories...)
I checked out "the boys..." More word goodness. It's funny the stuff we liked as teens that should have been a clue, isn't it? At least for me. Maybe you were better at connecting the dots than I... :-)
JZ - my FAVOURITE collection is the 100 Love Sonnets, translated by Gustavo Escobedo (he is Canadian by way of Mexico) - awesome collection, beautifully translated!
Post a Comment