I’m not deliberately not-blogging, I just seem to be continually without time.
We had a summer that was so bloody, stinking, miserably hot that pretty much everybody fell way behind on all their chores. (We were all far too busy sweating and griping.) Then it was Hell Month (a time when mere survival counts as a win,) and now suddenly, it’s fall and I’m out of available daylight hours - and still way behind on all my chores.
Nor is it just chores. It’s everything: yardwork, housework, time with friends, emails, fun… and let’s not even talk about sexxay times - because while I may think I’m busy, I’m the tortoise to BG’s hare. Which I’d be more upset about… if I had the time to be. As I don’t, we just keep doing a lot of rescheduling. (Tho’ if something doesn’t give soon, I may contemplate doing violence to his boss. Just sayin’!)
So basically, I’m scrambling. I kid myself that I’m making progress (albeit of the baby steps variety) but I’m pretty sure that’s just a comforting delusion. And even when I do grab some time to sit down and rest, my brain remains in “gerbil-in-wheel” mode. I have periodic flashes of good ideas but by the time they register with my distracted brain, all I can see is dust in the rear view mirror.
It will pass, it always does..., but I hate it.
All I really want to do is to plunk my butt down in my chair and channel Spock:

4 comments:
I hope you get some time for yourself soon, it's important you know xxx
H Jz - sadly life does this to us ... and I too so often wish I could have a Spock week ... but 'Carry On' comes to mind - so we do ... things will sort themselves out - take care - Hilary
This is the time you need a vacation the most and can least take it. Hope something in the logjam gives soon.
j-
I’m managing time for myself, just not in large enough chunks for “gerbil brain” to stop!
But I think I can see some light at the end of the tunnel… :-)
Thank you.
H-
Yes, there really isn’t much option beside “Carry On”, is there? It’s the doing it with aplomb that’s the hard part. ;-) You are right, tho’. Things do sort themselves out eventually - and I am feeling hopeful!
mm-
Precisely. My boss & I were talking the other day and we’ve both hit the, “I don’t care” stage. But there are days off in the near future, we just have to hang in there until then. :-D
Post a Comment