Sunday, November 25, 2018

To Boldly Go...

If you’ve read here for a while, you may recollect that I’ve been on the hunt for a new masseuse for quite some time now - but I haven’t been having a lot of luck. Some of that is time, some of it is money, and some of it is simply a question of the stars not lining up for me.

I think that's about to change, however.
As I was weaving myself, my bags, and my sceptre of sprouts out of the farmers market the other day, a little sign way back in the corner caught my eye.
“Massage - A Dollar A Minute”

Being both sore of shoulder and in possession of a rare bit of spare cash, I decided to spring for a five-minute teaser. I dropped my purchases off in the car and came back to wait my turn. I listened politely to the woman’s spiel… She’s new to the area and just got her business set up so this seemed like a good way to get the word out about her services, yada yada yada… I’ll admit, I kind of tuned her out pretty quickly. Her office, while close to the farmers market, is fairly out of the way of my normal daily commute and I didn’t think it likely that she’d ever get much more than this five dollars out of me.

Until she started working on my back.
The noise and chatter of the crowded venue faded into the background, drowned out by the contented hum of pleasure vibrating through my body.
I moaned. I melted. I briefly contemplated proposing marriage.
When my five minutes were up, I wanted to cling to the chair like a two-year old and wail, “No! Don’t WANNA leave! You can’t make me!”
She was just that good.

As a result, I anticipate that I’ll be spending more time out at the far end of my home range in the future…. and I’ll be doing it with a smile on my face.

So the moral of the story is:
Don’t be afraid to spend that $5 to try out an unknown.
You may be pleasantly surprised!

Or, you know, not…

6 comments:

ancilla_ksst said...

I need that so much! I don't have a masseuse. If only you lived near here.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Jz - so pleased it worked and has given you some relief ... here's to many more helpful visits and a healing and improving back ... cheers Hilary

messymimi said...

Oh, that! Heeheehee!

Yes, a good massage therapist is worth his/her weight in gold.

Arti said...

Hey Jz. It's been a while since I've logged on to blogspot. I'm so glad I did today. Your five minutes of heaven have (vis the magic of your writing) teleported me to the same chair and the knots in my right shoulder are melting away as I type this comment out. Cheers mate. xx

Red said...

What a great Farmer's Market find!

Jz said...

a_k-
Aww, that’s never fun, to need a massage and not be able to get one. Rolling around on a tennis ball just isn’t the same thing.
But maybe if you, too, keep an eye out on the far corners of farmers markets and craft fairs, you might find something equally wonderful. I shall hope that for you!

H-
I think my back will always be a work in progress but yes, finding some relief is lovely.
Thank you. :-)

mm-
They really are… I don’t understand the people who get squicked out at the thought of getting a massage. (Most of my friends fall into this category, and they STILL haven’t helped me understand!)

A-
I’m always delighted to see you, whenever you pop in. To know I’ve eased your discomfort is just icing on the cake! ;-p
Hope you’ve been having fun out there.

R-
Isn’t it, tho’?
One of the few things I’d rate even higher than the brussels sprouts. ;-p