Tonight’s dance party takes us to China, for this spectacular Dance of a Thousand Hands.
I really wanted to share this because it’s so visually stunning - but when I decided to learn a little more about the work, I became stunned in other ways, as well.
It’s not a traditional dance, but a modern piece - one choreographed by the eminent Chinese choreographer Zhang Jigang (who is also a high-ranking military officer in the Chinese army - *mind blown*…) and it is performed by a troupe of deaf dancers. (That’s why you see the woman on the edge of the stage in a couple of the long shots - she’s there to provide a visual to help the dancers synchronize with the music.)
I think it’s gorgeous and amazing.
I hope you like it, too.
(Again - watch in full screen if you can.)
4 comments:
That is astounding.
Very cool.
Wow. That was crazy!
mm-
Isn't it, tho'?
a_k-
Glad you like it. :-)
R-
Yeah. Wow was one of my first reactions, too.
Post a Comment