Friday, September 28, 2018

Tonight We Tango

I like this movie... but I LOVE this dance scene! 
The kids reactions are a lot of fun, too. :-)

This is worth a full screen, if you can.


SP, where are you?
I need you to come dance this with me!

13 comments:

messymimi said...

Oof! What a scene!

Hugs back to you, and if you really are going to Baltimore, i hope you have a wonderful time (and also that your hell month is over).

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Jz - I've never seen the movie ... but loved that dance scene - and then I just wish I could dance - so beautiful to see - have a good weekend - cheers Hilary

Red said...

I've never seen the movie either.
I think I need some context for that dance to make sense. It's a great dance, but usually I get my tangos from DWTS.

selkie said...

One of my FAVOURITE movies (along with Dirty Dancing, Dance with Me and a few others)- this SCENE - (fans herself vigourously)- showed it to my 93 year old mum -her comment "that boy can park his shoes under my bed anytime!" LOL

Jz said...

mm-
Yep, it’s a good’un, isn’t it?

No, Baltimore is just a pipe dream - my funds don’t really extend to much travel… but my imagination is limitless! ;-D

H-
It’s lovely to dance, true… but it’s also lovely to simply be able to enjoy watching it, and you seem to have that down pat!
Enjoy your weekend!

R-
OK, quick synopsis:

“When internationally renowned dancer Pierre Dulaine (Antonio Banderas) takes a teaching job in a New York City public school, he meets ridicule from the street-wise students, who scoff at the notion of ballroom dancing. Far from being discouraged, he melds their hip-hop moves with his classical style, helping them create a dance form and, in the process, becoming their mentor.”… and this is the scene where he gets their attention. :-D

There are certainly other good tangos out there but I preferred this because it think it has more of an emotional punch.
And, you know, Antonio Banderas…

s-
We are going to have some FUN movie marathons together, chica!!
(But I hope I don’t have to arm-wrestle your mama!)
;-p

selkie said...

just to add- this is based on fact - Pierre Dulaine did in fact start a program in an inner city school - and it was extremely successful!

Jz said...

s-
You're right. There's actually an interview with him out there that's quite interesting. Can't remember where I saw it - on the DVD, maybe? Wherever - it's certainly a legacy to be proud of. :-)

olivia said...

Wowza. I'm late to the party, but it's heck of a dance. Nice...

Jz said...

o-
You're welcome to the party at any time!
Glad you liked it. :-)

Anonymous said...

Haaa. Crippled by gout.
Anyway a bit more of a salsa person

Jz said...

A-
s'ok.
Here's what we'll do: We'll assume the correct dance position You will radiate with an interestingly machismo smolder and I will positively ooze challenging submission. We will then sway as we smolder and challenge.
It'll be GREAT, you'll see!

Anonymous said...

Excellent -- and you are right! Your plan executed correctly will easily pass for the best tango in any tango hall of Buenos Aires.

Jz said...

:-D