Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Further Fortune Cookie Advice

"You may attend a party where strange customs prevail."
    Cool! My first munch!!
    Oh, right. They don't have 'em where I live...


"Your winsome smile will be your sure protection."
    How very nice! I'm not sure 'winsome' would have been my adjective of choice but I'll take it...

"A thrilling time is in your immediate future."
    Ooooh!  I shall unleash my inner Boy Scout and strive for preparedness at all times...


"If everyone around you is jumping out a window,
there may be a good reason."
    Ummmm, .... Taxi!

10 comments:

greengirl said...

I can never make those things make any sense.

Jz said...

Generally, I just have fun with them. The window one caused a bit of concern, however. (OK, I did laugh, too...)

Tom Allen said...

Oh, right. They don't have 'em where I live...

Really? But you live right near, um... well, then there's, uh... there used to be one, er...

:sigh:

Yeah, I know.

Jz said...

You feel my pain, I know. Thank you.
(Although you'd think a town friendly enough to erect park benches in the municipal dump could stretch itself to the occasional munch, wouldn't you?)

turiya said...

Actually, I think I actually get the window one... I mean jumping out a window is not something people would general do... you know good sense and all. Have you ever seen those movies where people are just standing there while they watch a bunch of people running and screaming in the opposite direction and instead of joining them, the person tries to see why they're running.

Well we all know that person always ends up dead because by the time he learns why they're running, it's too damned late. So I think it's basically saying that if everyone else is doing something that is out of the norm, then there's probably a good damn reason for it.

At least that's my version...

turiya

Jz said...

'Specially if they're wearing a red shirt...
:-)

turiya said...

Oh hell yeah... stay away from the red shirts... you'd be doomed for sure! I'd jump out of a window for that. LOL... of course the fortune didn't say how high up the window was. That, I think, would be a determining factor.

turiya

Jz said...

Reason #327 for loving turiya-
She gets Star Trek jokes...
:-)

Anonymous said...

This was quite silly and enjoyable.

I'll have to try this the next time i get out for Chinese - which will be - well - never? Sir hates Chinese. *pouts*

This makes me want to go through my old tin of saved up "fortunes" and have fun with them....

Jz said...

C-
Actually, I accrue most of mine through take-out lunches. Could you sneak some in that way?