The human mind is unfathomable.
Worrying that no one's ever going to touch me again.
True or not, it's not conducive to a positive attitude.
Believing that this time, I won't over-cook the steak.
Step away from the grill...
Waiting for sumo to become more popular than football.
It's just not gonna happen.
Thinking things are all my fault.
I really don't have that kind of pull.
Trying to keep my boobs from typing.
They just want to be heard...
Persuading my skinny little friend to stop calling food "sinful".
She probably wouldn't like my definition of "play" either.
Dreaming that I will someday be Mike Rowe's love slave.
Mmmnnn, Nah, I'll leave that in. Everyone needs a dream! ;-D
How about you?
20 comments:
Yes, worrying that no one will ever touch me again is a good one. Worrying that I will spend the rest of my life in limbo. Worrying if it is good to have expectations or is it better to settle. Worried that I will never get to go back to being me. 'sigh' CD
I worry about everything. Am i good enough, smart enough, slave enough. Can I be fixed, how broken am I?
I need to let go or maybe just break free.
mouse
And here I thought I was the only female in the states who thought he (Mike) was something special. Is it the voice? Or the aw shucks thing? Or the sarcasm?
CD-
I can understand people who are willing to settle. I just can't do it. I tried and it just plain didn't work for me. But you CAN get back to being you. Trust me, I've done it. Slowly, painfully, and soul-wrenchingly. T'ain't easy but it's possible.
Go get 'em!
mouse-
Hang onto Omega, let go of the rest.
(Well, keep your sense of humor. We like that.)
(And the chocolate bonding...)
(and...)
;-)
greengirl,
I'd say I'd arm-wrestle you for him but I recall that you're married and I'm single so I get dibs! HA! An advantage!
And to answer your question, the voice, the humor, the grin.
Thanks, btw, for running with that. There were three things I wondered if people would zero in on. You get the first brownie...
I worry that I am not enough. I worry that he will lose the love he has for me.
hmm..you're right - i guess i have to concede that one. But I looooove brownies.
I don't know who Mike Rowe is... does that make me a bad person?
hell, for 2 years I was MARRIED and worried that no one would ever touch me again - so I win THAT round.
My boobs woudln't reach the keyboard - somthing to be sad about.
NEVER settle - NEVER let go to your right to insist on having what you need and what fulfills.
I actually hate TV period so I don't need to let go off that...
I need to let go of the obsession lately I have that I don't have to work and want to run away to Grand Manan with my dogs to a cottage by the sea and become that sorta weird lady with all the aniamls and the garden, you know - I want to be HER.
You know the lady by the sea with all the animals seems kinda happy though doesn't she?
And regarding these brownies,,,do they have nuts? Is there a brownie day or is this an emergency service?
:) CD
selkie-
No, you're not a bad person. We've already established that you're a very good person. However, it's fine that you don't know who Mike Rowe is because now greengirl and I don't have a stunning redhead blocking our way. Altho', since you're married, too, I still get dibs anyhow. w00t!
He's the host of Discovery Channel's "Dirty Jobs", (the only show besides "Mystery" that I watch,) and fairly decent bundle of hotness. Men even think he's cool, so you can drool over him without getting *that look* - you know, the one that questions your taste and sanity...
CD and greengirl, are we agreed that selkie can win the "ever touch me again" round? Cool.
It's yours, sunshine. Try not to win anything else like this ever again, tho', OK?
Looking forward to sitting on your porch overlooking the Bay of Fundy, with one dog and one kangaroo at our feet, sipping coffee and perhaps nibbling something chocolate...
CD-
I'm liking the Brownie Day idea! Mine lack nuts (fantasy imitates life...) but since it's potluck, you may provide whatever type you like. Let's check our calendars...
greengirl-
You in?
mouse? Coming?
Who else??
Whoops! Sorry, AA.
I didn't scroll down far enough.
Brownie Day. Mark it down.
Yea - Selkie wins that one - hopefully a victory for PAST accomplishments only.
I'm all in for Brownie day - I like mine with CHOCOLATE and maybe a little Baileys or Kaluha baked in. I think i'll bring a pan.
rock on, you!
Maybe I'll up the ante and do turtle brownies...
Did I hear something about brownies??????
When????
And in lieu of Brownies Mike Rowe might be okay....Omega won't mind 'cause he's on my list.
mouse
Brownies AND Mike Rowe day??
(this is going to be Sooooo Much Fun!)
if there's brownies, TO HELL with Mike Rowe... I am SO in... but I hate to burst your bubble - the kangaroo is totally ok, but I have two VERY BAD SHEPHERDS and the way I collect animals, that will probably grow ...
do I still get chocolate?
No problem. More animals just means more brownies. They're people, too, right?
Oh? Chocolate is bad for animals???
(Except mousies, of course.)
Golly. But we have all these brownies. What shall we do?
(flutters eyelashes madly as she edges toward the table...)
I am so in - but I want to know more about Mouse's list - it sounds like the kind of thing I could use one of? Do tell....
OK, then.
Date for the First Annual Let-It-Go Potluck Brownie Extravaganza to be announced...
*grins*
That was fun!
Thanks for playing, everybody.
(and mouse, I'm with greengirl. I'm sure your list is posted on your blog somewhere but a hint might get us there quicker!)
hugs to all
I've never posted "the List"
I should..
mouse
And history is made...
http://aslavestale.blogspot.com/2009/09/my-do-list.html
Post a Comment