Friday, September 15, 2017

The Ides of Hell Month

Long-time readers may recall that this is the time of year I fondly call Hell Month.
Stupefyingly busy, we are all run ragged, chasing our own tails until we end up very nearly beside ourselves - and after a while, the strain starts to show.

We had scheduled a meeting of three. Two of us arrived early and I was getting an earful of core-dump from the other as we waited. Our tardy compatriot, fresh from a different meeting, stuck her head around the door: “I just need to run to the bathroom before I grab the equipment - be right back.”

I nodded, the other person so absorbed in her tale of woe, she didn’t hear the words. 

A few minutes later…
“Did I just hear Pat?”
“Yes - she’s stopping at the bathroom first, then she’ll join us.”
“Oh, ok” 
…and the recital continued with barely a hitch.

A few more minutes later…
“She’s taking an awfully long time - Maybe I should go help her."
  (*hopping up from the table to head to the door*)
"Which room did you say she was going to be in?”

I stared at her retreating back, refusing to answer until she turned to look at me.
Her expectant gaze met my incredulous one.

“The BATH-room”

“Oh… Nevermind.”

Two more weeks, sweet Jesus, just two more weeks…

7 comments:

Eric51Amy49 said...

Fall is insane for us as well with Eric's travel schedule turning beyond reasonable. Two more weeks? Lucky. We're singing the "three more months" tune.
Amy

Cat said...

Hahahaha I'm sorry Jz but that was just too funny...The phrase "here's your sign" just ran through my mind. Sending lots of positive energy your way.

Hugs and blessings...Cat

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Jz - not long then ... before normality can return - I certainly laughed at this ... but appreciate the refrain ... all the best Hilary

Bleue D'âme said...

Ha!
People. So hard ;-p

Jz said...

A-
Three months does suck...
But you're not going to make me feel guilty about whining!
;-p

C-
It really was a fairly amazing moment.
The nice thing was that it got me laughing... :-D

H-
I'm glad you laughed - I hope you'll join me in the happy dance in 2 weeks, as well. :-)

B-
Especially for some of us!
;-p

Arti said...

People--all sorts. And the sort who talk more and listen less are a dime a dozen these days. Wonder why.

Jz said...

A-
I think listening has gone out of vogue.
:-)
That's facile, of course... but I still won't discount it entirely.
:-D