Friday, September 8, 2017

If You Can’t Beat ‘Em, Join ‘Em

I’ve told you about the neighbor who trims his hedge with nail scissors…
I thought I’d told you about the guy next to him, who hoes the sidewalk (*clink! clink!*) but I can’t find that, so maybe that was just an email to someone… but he does that, I swear.
The person to the far end of them all has been known to weed-whack dirt. (Huge, choking clouds of it, in fact.)

Their lawn care techniques have provided me with many a chuckle over the years, I tell you.

Then yesterday, as I chased down paint chips during a post-scraping cleaning frenzy, I found myself extending the shop vac over the edge of the porch, right onto the grass. 

Yes, I vacuumed my lawn. 
        Publicly. 
In full awareness of the total absurdity of it all..., 
        But it was working, by god, so I stiffened my resolve and kept going.

I can only hope my neighbors found me half as amusing as I have found them...

Crap.
Missed a few...

9 comments:

Bleue D'âme said...

Ha! But at least it was a shop vac.

Cat said...

LOL Jz...I do believe your nutty neighbors may be rubbing off on you. Of course, Bleue does have a good point. Have a great weekend.

Hugs and blessings...Cat

Lindy Thomas said...

That's a classic Jz. I'm with Cat, I think your neighbours are rubbing off on you.
Hugs Lindy xx

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Jz - crazy - but fun to read and to see the paint flecks ... cheers Hilary

Jz said...

B-
Oh, sure. You say that..., and now I've got this image stuck in my head of me in evening dress and heels, elegantly dancing an upright vacuum across my lawn.
Of course, it's an amusing visual, so I guess I won't get after you for it...

C-
Could be... but at least I gave it my own twist! ;-D

l-
It's not a story I ever imagined telling of myself, that's for sure!

H-
Well, I didn't want any doubting Thomases out there, so I figured photographic evidence was called for...
:-)

Eric51Amy49 said...

That is so funny. I used the shop vac on the driveway once. There was a dust storm and it just seemed easier than a broom. I got many looks from the neighbors but by damned, if there weren't two others out there with their vacuums within a day. :)
Amy

Jz said...

A-
Yes - something can be a sensible solution even while looking absurd.
*nod, nod*
:-)

Arti said...

Mundane stuff such as this and you make me guffaw with laughter when you use 'by god' and provide photographic evidence too!
Now, this is a skill Jz--an enviable one.
Thank you for the smiles and the laughs:)

Jz said...

A-
awww. Thank you.
I still think your photos top my words but I'm glad to know I make you laugh.
:-D