Friday, December 23, 2016

MoC - V

The Mugs of Christmas


Mug Five:


Start the day with this guy and how can you help but meet the world with a smile on your face?

Although I certainly can (and do) drink coffee out of this mug, it’s real purpose for being is, I am convinced, to hold hot chocolate. Specifically, Ibarra Mexican hot chocolate, which is pretty much the Platonic ideal of hot chocolate - at least in my cave. 

Because this is a mug that screams, “Snow Day!!!!” to me, evoking the feel of stinging wet cheeks, the sounds of laughter and snowball fights, the smell of wet woolen mittens as you bring them to your face to taste that handful of snow. It’s stomping into the warm house with snow-clotted boots and a sniffly nose, puffing and cold and hungry, and already anxious to go back outside for more.

It’s a whole-body kind of happy that you rarely get to feel as an adult… but that I love to be reminded of.

So it’s a really good mug for a Friday, don’t you think?

3 comments:

Bleue D'âme said...

I will take one cup of that Mexican hot chocolate, please!!

Blondie said...

I think that you and I would have a great time testing out all of your mugs. Mexican hot chocolate and a snow day sounds great.

Jz said...

Bleue-
An excellent choice! :-)

Blondie-
Don't they, tho'?
And I have a lot of mugs, so we can drink a lot of it! :-D