I worked on dumb terminals and DOS machines for 9 years and never got excited about what you could do with a computer. My first time behind a Mac, it only took two minutes and I was in love.
That is what he excelled at. He had an amazing gift for knowing how to humanize technology in a way that made it cool and comprehensible for the non-tech masses.
I'm sure the advances would have all happened anyhow. But would they have become so much a part of our everyday lives without the appeal he knew how give them?
2 comments:
Yeah. I think so too. Gosh he was so smart. It's just sad. I was trying to explain him and his career to my kids.
I worked on dumb terminals and DOS machines for 9 years and never got excited about what you could do with a computer. My first time behind a Mac, it only took two minutes and I was in love.
That is what he excelled at. He had an amazing gift for knowing how to humanize technology in a way that made it cool and comprehensible for the non-tech masses.
I'm sure the advances would have all happened anyhow. But would they have become so much a part of our everyday lives without the appeal he knew how give them?
Post a Comment