Friday, November 6, 2009

Journal Musings: Assignment

Jz: in these books, the women always have shaved pussies
Jz: not one of the things I've felt like running out and trying
Scholarly_Professor: No you should do it inside
Scholarly_Professor: I think
Jz: *rolls eyes*
******************************************

BG has embarked on his campaign to get me to Shave It All. I asked exactly what he had in mind. "Nothing beneath the pubic bone, creative trimming on top. Maybe just a short line, like a landing strip."

So I looked in the mirror, trying to picture it and was seized by helpless giggles. All I could think was, "Venus of Willendorf Gets A Brazilian!"

Because I'm me, this naturally led to me grabbing an image of the Venus of Willendorf and Photoshopping assorted (mostly ridiculous) designs onto her pubis. There was the landing strip, the heart, hourglass, a little asymmetric thing I like to call "the sling" - the list goes on and on.

But the silliness is as far as I've gotten.

Here's my issue with it:
I am blind as a bat and a klutz.
I have broken two fingers, one hand, one arm, and the last count on toes was 7 breaks distributed between 3 different digits.
Shards of ping-pong table have been surgically extracted from my leg.
I have exacto-knifed my thigh and drawn blood with a cucumber.

Do I really sound like a good candidate to wield a razor on delicate female flesh to you? An inglorious ending, to be the worlds first self-inflicted female circumcision.

Plus, I don't really get the whole concept. Shaved looks neither better nor worse than the natural state, to me. But, OK. It doesn't bother me enough to fuss, either.
Except- The Principle of the Thing
This appears to be where I've drawn my line in the sand.

BG and I spend almost no time together. His schedule is too erratic. I understand and accept his priorities but I don't enjoy the result. And, while I'm generally receptive to his requirements, I find myself balking at this one. I'm being asked to do something irksome, tedious, challenging, and nerve-wracking, ideally on a daily basis. But I'm to do it without any hope of regular monitoring or check-ins.

I know I'm not supposed to use the word "fair" but there's a disequilibrium there. I don't think it's right to just ask your sub to do something if you're not able to provide follow-through or feedback. If you're going to make the puppet dance,  then at least stick around for the show.

Should BG and I be able to add either frequency or consistency to our meetings, I will happily risk life and limb on a daily basis. For the moment, I consider it a bit  unf____.
I think he must feel the same because I asked if there was wiggle room on this and was told, "for now, yes."
But I'm supposed to start thinking about it...
Here's my start -  :-)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO. You kill me,,,:) And please don't do this outside, particularly if you might fall. Yur neighbors will think ir is some ill-advised, poorly executed suicide attempt.

Actually, if you can't trust yourself with a razor down there, try nair. Trim with sissors first and use nair on the rest.

However, if you really don't want to do it and it isnt something that will be reviewed consistently, it might be more trouble than it's worth.

Just my thoughts,,,CD

Jz said...

CD-
*giggles* That would be my luck...

Nair works? I'll hafta check it out.
I had just assumed it was too harsh. And frankly, chemical burns sound even nastier than cuts. (Did I mention the time I seared my lungs with citrus oil air-freshener?)

Sara said...

Hi Jz,

1st, unless you are skilled like CD, I would not try this at home. I did. One time. It took me 3 freakin' hours in the shower, contortions, mirrors, eyeglass to see in the mirror, multiple cutting devices, and when I was all done, my husband did not like it and it felt yucky and itched when it grew back in!

2nd, yeah...complete submission to a part time dominant is very questionable in my book. But that's me. My standards. He has to put enough in, consistently, for me to turn over myself. my power or control.

Jz said...

Hi Sara,
Welcome!
Wow, that must have made you nuts for all that effort! But thanks. For the most part, people make it sound so simple, I was starting to wonder if I was the only one who finds hair removal challenging.

And, yeah. I was pretty relieved when he didn't insist. If he had forced this, I think I would have been resentful. Fortunately, he realizes that until he has the time to assume all the responsibilities of dominance, he needs to be somewhat flexible in his requirements. (Which I try very hard not to abuse - but this one thing just sticks in my craw.)

selkie said...

I think your instincts are right on ... and EVERY relationship, whatever the flavour is about compromise - on both parts. Shaving is labour-intensive. It just is. Ongoing too - like every day (damn hair grows in so QUICK - stubble is icky and itchy)... apart from requiring (as Sara aptly points out LOL) a fair bit of contortion and use of various interesting positions ... you never truly appreciate how many folds and crevesseas a woman really has until you try this!

For a whim, nope - WAY too much work in my books.

I REALY REALY want to know how in the hell you drew blood with a cucumber!

And you and I have far more in common than I even realized LOL - I have broken my back, collarbone, ribs, fingers, toes too numerous to count, had an emergency appendestomy, been on fire, run over and drowned.... makes life interesting if nothing else.

and for the record, I have largely shaved completely for 20 years or more now; I actually began because of incredibly heavy periods - but got used to it and then added jewellery. But, theer have been periods when I've gone back to au natural (sometimes extended periods)- definitely the shaving is labour intensive ...

selkie said...

just looked at the video ... I LOVE THE UK - something like that would never get past the uptight, religious american zealots LOL

Jz said...

Yeah, I love the UK, too.

As to the injuries, this is another one that you win, I'm afraid. But it IS nice to know that there's someone out there who can understand. :-)

Amy said...

Hee you are too funny. How about having him shave you when you are together? Richard has shaved me and "plucked" me and both were incredibly sexy. The plucking was a delicious combination of feeling very nurtured and pain (the tug, the sharp twinge as the hair left the follicle, the waiting as he looked for the next hair...you get it). xoAmy

Jz said...

Hey, Amy-
Yeah, that thought has occurred to me. But it's not something he's offered to do. Not sure if this is because this is my "task" to perform or simply because our time is so very limited, if he took the time to shave me, any other play would have to wait until the next time. (By which point, the shaving would be required all over again...)
But I hadn't thought to present it as an opportunity to inflict pain on me. That might actually work! :-)