(much like SBST #8)
We are in the throes of passion.
(Not yet at the height of ecstasy but really, very serious throes.)
He groans out words of praise -
which said throes garble into a grammatical blooper.
Still groaning, still throe’ing…
he corrects his verb tense consistency.
Really, is it any wonder I’m so nuts about this man?
10 comments:
Rofl, no it’s no wonder at all. <3. I’m so happy for you.
Anyone with that much conscientiousness about grammar is worth keeping.
Language matters!
That is an awesome anecdote.
o-
I thought you might appreciate that one. ;-p
Thank you for the happy.
Yy
mm-
Yes - he's definitely got enough good to compensate for the lesser sterling.
I think I'll keep him! ;-)
R-
Thank you. It's a fun little one... that actually says a lot.
:-)
Sounds perfect. And that you would notice and share it with us - even more so.
F-
I'm just glad I have people with whom I can share! :-)
Pedantic and passionate! Now, that's a hard to resist combo:) So enjoyed this. Cheers.
A-
SO nice to see you!
I'm glad it made you smile. :-)
BAHAHAHAAAA!!! If he hadn't corrected himself, you would have overthought whether he knew better or not!
D-
Weeellll, not precisely.
I do know he knows better - I don't date men with poor grammar. - I cannot.
I would do myself injury from all the rolling of eye and biting of tongue if I did.
But I might have spent some time wondering if he'd actually heard what he'd said, in which case I'd wonder if he actually knew what he said, which would lead to me wondering if he could actually mean something he didn't know he'd said...
THAT scenario is entirely possible. :-)
Post a Comment