There are really no adequate words for how much I enjoyed that 2Cellos concert. It was simply fantastic. Their skills are astonishing, they’re funny, engaging, and supremely talented. The show was high energy, the music was stunningly rich and gorgeous... I would not have missed the experience for the world.
BUT…
The concert also left me with a very weird emotional hangover.
It’s like someone pulled back a curtain and let me peek into a world of exquisite beauty - one that resonated deep inside - then dropped the curtain back down and shooed me away.
“No, this is not meant for you. Move along now.”
It wasn’t just the music, which touches places I didn’t know existed… I can listen to their recordings for that experience. This went deeper. I saw passion and youth, beauty and ecstasy… it was absolute wonder and glory - and it hurt.
That foolish, marvelous, wonderful concert ripped apart something inside me that I haven’t fully put back together even yet. I’m still walking around in a state of perpetual wistfulness.
And wondering...

7 comments:
Hi Jz - I think I can 'hear and feel' where you're coming from ... just sometimes something completely touches us ... keep a-hold of it and enjoy those memories ... wonderful to read - cheers Hilary
That sounds marvelously intense, Tell us more about what you're wondering, please. And I'm curious to see where your lingering feelings take you.
yY
We were made for more, and sometimes something reminds us of that.
I had a vacation that did that to me. I spent 10 days driving around Turkey and just left the place numb. It took months to recover. I was so in awe at what I had experienced.
H-
I almost think it touches more deeply when it’s so unexpected. But yes.
Thank you!
o-
If I can ever formulate the words for how I’m feeling, I will!
So far, I just end up smiling and shaking my head a lot. :-)
mm-
A bit like that, yes.
B-
How lovely, tho’, to have 10 days like that in your memories!
But yes, that sounds very similar. :-)
Amazing!!! So cool that you got to see them! Its a show that's on my list :-)
Maybe its a-tugging and inviting and all those "things"?
B-
Well, you'll have to wait a couple of years for their hiatus to be over but then, YES!! GO!!
I'm still not sure what it all is, but I'm processing!
:-)
Post a Comment