Thursday, April 12, 2012

Small but Significant Thing #8

One of the things I really, really like about BG?
He both uses -- and spells! -- the word "wont" correctly. 

*...dreamy sigh...*

(Um, did I just out myself as a complete geek?)

10 comments:

Tom Allen said...

No, you've been out for a while, as is your wont.

Skye Warren said...

Um, er, that's sexy as hell :)

Conina said...

That is fantastic! When I use the word wont, I get a sidelong glance and a "You and your big words."

Admittedly, that's an in-joke. But still.

Anonymous said...

OMG--i think i'm jealous. BG speaks real English. You must have found the last of a dying race. . .

Jack and Jill said...

We think that's pretty awesome. In our experience, so few people are aware of the word "wont" - some put an apostrophe between the 'n' and the 't' for some bizarre reason - and anyone who not only understands that "wont" is not a contraction but in fact knows what it means is a noteworthy individual indeed.

Jz said...

Tom-
Ah, Tom...
You never disappoint me!

(swing, batter, swing!)
;-D

SW-
Welcome!
And yeah, I think so, too... ;-)

C-
I have been very fortunate with my word-loving men.
(Can you see my grin all the way from where you are?)

Anon-
I don't think he's the very last -- but they're certainly becoming the minority.

J&J-
I giggled a little at your comment because I had briefly fantasized there might be someone looking at my word and thinking, "Well, you spelled it wrong yourself, woman! You left out the apostrophe!"

The thing that really gets my goat is when someone writes, "As is my want..." I have to give up reading those people then because it exacerbates my TMJ... ;-p

Tom Allen said...

The thing that really gets my goat is when someone writes, "As is my want..."

Goes along with the people who write "For all intensive purposes."

Jz said...

Hooooboy, yeah!

"vessel virgin"? Another one guaranteed to make my teeth gnash...

Anonymous said...

NERD!

;p

Jz said...

guilty as charged, I'm afraid...
:-\