Saturday, November 21, 2015

If It's Nearly The Holidays...





~back when I'm done~

7 comments:

greengirl said...

And the leaves... or maybe i'm the only one who is sooooo late this year. Good luck - we await your return.

Lindy Thomas said...

I can definitely relate to that. Always a rush to clean when visitors are coming.
Lindy

Jz said...

gg-
Well, it seems like the leaves themselves were late this year, so I don't think we can be faulted for that… But the leaf needs pale in comparison to the dusting ones. (I keep my house tidy but I'm decidedly not my little Finnish grandmother when it comes to actual "clean"…)

l-
The sad thing is, I started 3 weeks ahead of time and I'm still cranking right up to the last minute!
(Altho' I must add, that is not 3 weeks solid - weeknights I parcel it out in chores of 1-2 hours.
With Date Night as an exception, of course!)

Jake said...

This is absolutely true in our house. The evening before company arrives, Joy goes into a cleaning frenzy to make sure all is in order, the carpets are clean, and the house is presentable. I get sucked into the tornado as well, and though I have the typical male quality of being unable to see dirt, am enlisted to vacuum, put away random items, and provide heavy-lifting capabilities as required.

By the way, jz, glad to see the cookie exchange is alive and well! All the best!

Jz said...

J-
Part of me think that having help sounds grand, part of me wonders if it would just foster argument…!
;-D
Be glad you're helping Joy, not me, tho'.
You'd be heavy lifting for more than just one evening!

Thanks for the cookie wishes - maybe some year you guys will even join us! ;-p

Cat said...

Oh yes...most definitely relate to this! :D Thanks Jz. ;)

Hugs and blessings...Cat

Jz said...

C-
Now, if only I could keep the momentum going…!
;-)