(Editor's note: so, how telling is it that I wrote a post about my fear of losing my mind, and gave it the wrong title?? I've changed it from the incorrect Day One to the correct Day Ten -- just because I'm persnickety, but I freely and publicly admit that I laughed pretty hard at myself over that one…)
Day Ten: One confession (obtuse or specific)
Day Ten: One confession (obtuse or specific)
Wow. How does a person answer this?
One of the definitions of confession is "an acknowledgement of incompetence."
Well, that's pretty much this whole blog,
but I can't cram five-plus years into a single post.
I could also take the "acknowledge or disclose sin or guilt" approach.
And certainly, my sins are numerous ... but they pretty much all fall within the purview of "fallible human" - and I'm not sure that that really counts.
Yet once again, I'm stuck with answering the question as it stands.
hmmmmm….
OK, well, it's not pretty or amusing, but I'll go with confessing my biggest fear:
I am scared to death of losing my mind.
I've got all the same contributing factors of Alzheimers that my dad had - and I was right by his side as his faculties slowly deserted him, so I got to see the devastation up close and personal… It's a horrible, frightening, merciless way to go -- and I won't even have a loved one around to help me, should that be my lot.
...
I'll also confess that I didn't enjoy buzzkilling your entire day on you.
At least we can call the ten day thing over, anyhow! :-)

7 comments:
It is a scary thing, isn't it? And no I'm not just talking about Domme Piggy.
F
I've enjoyed your 10 day thing so much! This is a tough one to end with. And i can totally relate to your fear. It's scary as hell.
F-
it's horrifying, really.
yuck.
s-
thanks, cutes.
It *was* a tough one.
But it's done!
You are not the only one. I have yet to start my 10 to 1...okay, that's totally a lie. I DID start and wrote my entire post for the first one (the tenth one? whatever) and it evaporated into the ether. I was SO pissed that I didn't/couldn't/wouldn't recreate it. I may yet. But yeah.
I'm extremely forgetful about some things. I'm not overly romantic as I remember my first kiss, my anniversary all that well, and such like that. I'm not sure if that is merely because I'm doing such mental juggling trying to keep my clan on track for all their obligations, or if it is because of something more heinous down the road. (no one in my family has had it, heart disease tends to get most of us).
So I get your fear. Your mind is so...glowing and fresh and keen, I can't imagine losing such a wondrous tool.
nilla
I love your 10 day challenge. I am going to start as soon as I can come up with 10 of the first one.
That is quite a confession. I wonder how many others share the same one. Live for today. Kind of corny, I know. But you seem to have way too much spunk in you to worry about the future.
B-
oooo! I'm glad you're going to play. (But yeah, a couple of the days are harder than you think they're going to be when you first look at the questions...)
I do try to live in the day, tho it's hard not to get pensive about the future at times.
(But then I figure that if I don't snap out of it, I'll arrive at the Pearl Gates and end up bitch-slapped for lollygagging by all my family members who went *well* before their time.) :-D
n-
(whoops! my replies got out of order…)
Forgetful is really more about being preoccupied than anything else, but it can make a person wonder at times, it's true!
Those are very lovely compliments and I thank you for them.
(your five dollars will be in the mail shortly!)
Post a Comment