Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Twice as Nice


:-D

Except this meeting didn't count as socializing, 'cuz it was with 'nilla…
     and she's a friend, not an obligation. :-)

Last year, our first encounter had that slightly giddy, I-don't-know-what-to-expect excitement of meeting someone new. This weekend was more the familiar kind of, "Yo, woman!" heckling that happens, say, when you find you're waiting at two different entrances.
(Just, you know, picking a random example out of a hat…)

First meetings always find you wondering if you're going to have a thing to say to this person. "Am I subby enough that we can relate?" "Will we mesh comfortably?" "Will there be posturing? politics?" "Please god, let there be no earth shoes…"

Yes, first times are great for getting to know the people who then become friends -- but it's the times past the first when I'm happiest.
Because that's when you can steal french fries, put your feet on their dashboard, vent about your man, ask if there's spinach in your teeth…

You know, the stuff friends do…

Like throwing yourself bodily between 'nilla and the siren song of a cosmetics shop…
Or hearing her say, "Jz, you look much better in those floral capris than that 20-year old sporting the identical pair over there."

You know...
Friends.  :-)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are all adorable.
This series of posts on each of the blogs makes me so happy.

-r.

Anonymous said...

:D

and I still really *like* you after blockig me from sephora.... LOL...(but if you ever want to see me have a public orgasm...*laughing*)

it was a delightful, wonderful, fun, *needed* day. I enjoyed every moment!

nilla

sofia said...

And i smile every time i think about the two of running wild at the mall... :-)

sofia

sofia said...

Um, that was the two of you...

Jz said...

r-
thank you, sweetie.
that's a nice thing to hear. :-)

n-
and I still like you, altho' that may not be so surprising… ;-p
I had a great time, too.

s-
I will have you know, we were very sedate.
(It may have been our WWSD bracelets…)

Unknown said...

giggle @ WWSD bracelets

F

Jz said...

F-
:-D
thx!

Anonymous said...

Uh hum...i own 2pairs of Earth Shoes. The walfers and the trainers. With regular workouts/walking They do wonders for the appearance of ones bum.

-H

Jz said...

Could you hear my illusions shattering from all the way over there?
;-p