Saturday, May 7, 2011

Memento Amore

As of recently, I have officially spent 3/4 of my life without my Mom ...
and I still miss her.

I miss our duets in the car.
I miss laying my head in her lap and feeling her stroke my hair.
I miss having to paw through her purse to get her a piece of clove gum. Or a tissue to clean her sunglasses.
I miss her banana cream pie,
her smile,
her laugh,
her love.

If you've got a mom to celebrate with this year, please give her an extra squeeze. For me, ...
and because you can.

4 comments:

turiya said...

How about an extra squeeze for my mom and one for you too?

*hugs*

turiya

Jz said...

aww, thanks, cutes.
Just sort of a "count your blessings" reminder...
I'm glad you had such a nice day, yourself!

Anonymous said...

Big hugs to you Jz.

As you know, I have a turbulent relationship with my mom but she was still THE BEST MOM in the world.

I am thankful that she was mine, and I did hug her. And I was very well behaved and patient at our three hour dinner! :-)

Jz said...

Oh, I knew you were a blessing-counter already, Miz H!
I hope it was a nice time all 'round!