Of all the, um, "vintage hand-me-downs" in my house, one of my very favorites is my wrought-iron bed. Airy and open, it is a compelling mix of welcoming warmth and cool, hard metal, with sensuous, sinuous curves that beg to be gently traced and strong bars you can wrap your hands around and hang on to for dear life.
I consider this bed to be nothing but pure pleasure but I also find it interesting to observe people's reactions to using it.
-One complained that he always bonked his head on one of the decorative bobbles.
-One enjoyed the fact that he could stick his feet out through it.
-Another liked that he could stick his feet out through it but hated the ensuing tangle when he tossed (as he did frequently) throughout the night.
-One philistine (of limited relational duration) couldn't figure out why I didn't get rid of this old thing and buy a nice NEW bed.
No one, however, has ever looked at it, wiggled his eyebrows and enquired, "Got scarves??" So, for years, my scrumptious bed went lacking in full appreciation. Until... (can you guess?)
BG has never done anything so mundane as waste time discussing the possibilities. Rather, he takes them as given and steps right into action. Sometimes I am tied to the supports. Sometimes I myself am woven through the open-work. Last night, as he tied my bound hands up over my head, a loose end of rope caught his eye and the next thing I knew, I was dangling hand by foot off of the headboard, like a hobo bundle.
"You are trussed."
"Yes, Sir, I am."
"You can't move."
"No, Sir, I can't."
"This is going to be fun..."
One instance in which I would have to agree:
The Dom is Always Right!
5 comments:
I have bed envy
I have a "new" bed
with no head or foot board at all
which could explain why we like the spreader bars so much
sfp
word verification menebr
Sounds beautiful. We have a solid wood bed - I made sure it was solid so we could install some serious fasteners to it! I do Dream of a wrought iron bed, tangles of twisted black metal to secure limbs to...lucky you!
*big grin*
...for many reasons.
-H
This makes me miss my old bed so much!! It was a huge wrought iron one, too. It was beautiful and i fell in love with it the moment my parents gave it to me (it had been in the family for years and forgotten for a decade). Unfortunately, it was a small double and not big enough for two, so i no longer have it. i hope to one day cross paths with another one and to have an amazing moment in it like you described.
-r.
sfp-
Hey, you're the one who built your own spreader bar. Up the ante! Go for an entire kink-friendly bed-frame!
JT-
There's much to be said for solid wood, as well. But I like the possibilities for spontaneity with this design! ;-)
H-
*grins back*
r-
See? You understand... :-)
Post a Comment