Sunday, August 15, 2010

More Sub-Tech Follies

(editor's note: Brain-dead and buried these days. Please bear with me...)

Our last visit was fairly intense on all levels - physically, emotionally, intellectually. As a result, I had my first-ever case of sub-drop. It wasn't too bad, all things considered. I just spent a couple of hours wrapped in modified fetal position around a pillow, then got up and life gradually settled into place.

The next morning, everything was back to normal.
Or so I thought.
Until I entered command-line mode on my computer.
I needed to run some processes as the "super user" - a.k.a. the big, bad kahuna inside your computer. But rather than telling my machine that "sudo" commands xyz, I found myself typing "subdo"...

Apparently that sub-drop affected me more than I realized...
AND- my machine is secretly Dom -- because it just laughed at me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

*giggle*

Yes, the sub drop has a way of letting you think it's over and when you start to resume normal activity it yanks you back as if to say "no, we're not done yet." It's powerful. The first time I went threw it I was miserable from being overly emotional and sensitive. The next experience I knew how things were going to play out so it was less jarring. The times after that weren't nearly as intense or long-lasting.

-H

word verification: diedly

Tom Allen said...

You used geek-speak. Holy fsck, I just got aroused. I hope I can find something to mount later, or I'll end up grepping something.

veri-word: porgo

turiya said...

Yeah, subdrop has that effect... although, I'm kinda flighty like that at the best of times. Hmmmm.... ;)

*hugs*

turiya

Jz said...

H-
Took me by surprise, I'll admit. At least I was aware of the possibility or I would have been far more seriously weirded out.

T-
Just be sure you pipe the results correctly, man!

t-
no, no. sub-drop. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it!! ;-)

greengirl said...

Pardon me - I think your freudian slip is showing.

Alice said...

AND- my machine is secretly Dom -- because it just laughed at me.

My favorite part. It made me giggle.

Personally I love sub-drop and have been known to wallow in it for up to 3 days. But then I don't have to enter complicated commands into a computer either. I'm able to allow my body to go into automatic while my mind stays behind in that wonderful land.

HUGS

Alice

Jz said...

gg-
you may be right, ma'am!
;-p

A-
Goodness. A three-day wallow!
What luxury, she sighs enviously...