Saturday, July 10, 2010

Vocabulary and the DIY Fail

The other night, my instructions included the words, "I want you to bind your own breasts JUST LIKE I did them the last time. I want them to be hard and swollen when I walk through the door."

Now, I've never tried any self-bondage before - and that last time? He used a new technique - which he applied while I was somewhat occupé. No Clue how he achieved that result.
So, I tried. I swear I really tried. But it was a pretty pathetic attempt.
(In fact, I'm not entirely certain but I think I saw his lips twitch when he came into the room.)

"I don't think I did a very good job."
"No. No, you didn't."

*vvvrrrrrrrp! fwap, fwap, fwap!*

    YIKES! 
*vvvrrrrrrrp! fwap, fwap, fwap!*
    YEOWCH!

"THAT is how I want them done."
"Yes, sir."

It got me thinking, tho'. (You knew that was coming, didn't you?)

A big reason for the binding fail was that I just plain could not make myself pull that rope any tighter. I know other people can do this. I've seen the pictures. But not Weenie Girl. No, no.
I know other people are capable of inflicting pain on themselves during masturbation. For me? Well, let's just say it's counter-productive.
Pain is only enjoyable when it comes from my Dom.

Every definition I can find of a masochist or pain slut carries the implication that this is a person who enjoys pain in the abstract.
But what about those of us who generally dislike pain, except in the very specific instance of it being inflicted for the express purpose of sexual pleasure by one specific person? Do we still count? Or are we pushed to the fringes of masochism the same way we situational submissives are viewed as players by the more hard-core among us?

I'm not trying to deny that I can be either masochist or pain slut.
The arousal BG creates is too strong for me to kid myself that I don't enjoy pain in those circumstances.
But once again, I find myself wishing for a more precise word...

13 comments:

strivingforpeace said...

I agree -- we need a word.

I don't think I'm a masochist -- because I avoid pain in day to day life as well -- and although I've tried some self bondage -- it doesn't do it for me unless I have his voice in my ear while I'm doing it.

and even then -- there's a huge difference between me pinching as hard as I can and him. I do hold back.

perhaps we're demimasochists or hybrid-pain-aesthetes.

semantics really do matter

sfp

Jz said...

oooo, I'm likin' hybrid-pain-aesthetes!

Except it occurs to me it could be abbreviated to Hi Pain Ass.

Hmmm. Perhaps not...

strivingforpeace said...

spit-take

in the car

drinking pepsi

sfp

PS -- word verification: colen

Anonymous said...

I hear ya Jz.

I used to vehemently state "I do not like pain."

But in a handful of instances I have been proven wrong. Of course, I'm flying high and out there in la-la land...sub-space...total ecstasy.

I think the precise word you are looking for is "bickmas". Why bickmas? Because that's the word verification...lol

Although, I think the proper term to describe enjoying pain, ONLY during a heightened state of erotic pleasure especially when inflicted by the Top in a power exchange dynamic is HINGEHO!

Yup, we're all hingehos

(omg I am laughing so hard I can hardly type this).

Anonymous said...

hinge = the determining factor, or turning point

ho = sfp, jz, hedone...etc, etc.

Whether or not a 'ho' likes pain depends upon...is determined by the situation, who is inflicting the pain, and the degree of endorphins coursing through said ho's veins.

See...hingeho.

I rest my case.

-H

strivingforpeace said...

@H

you are very very wise

hingeho it is!

(I wonder how we can spread the gospel)

sfp

ps -- word verification glitea

Jz said...

H- I detect slight flaws in your logic but I'm too entranced by the word to argue. And the original hingeho herself agrees, so who am I to argue against a brilliant idea?

Hingehos Be Us!

Hingehos of the World, Unite!
(You have nothing to lose but your pains?)

yeah, ok, I'm groaning, too...

Anonymous said...

*waving from another "Hingeho*

Loved reading this thread of comments.

And the original post? Hitting the nail on the proverbial head.

It's nice to see others out there with a similar view on pain...

Jz said...

Hi, HingeCilla!

Yes, we try to keep it fun here in this little corner. ;-)

Plus, letting others know they're not alone is part of what it's all about, no? 'Least to me, it is. Glad it struck a chord. -J.

Anonymous said...

HingeCilla! Oh that's funny :D

~~@~~

"H- I detect slight flaws in your logic but I'm too entranced by the word to argue."

@Jz aka smart(ass)Hingeho: Take this pink pill and everything I say will make sense.

:-)

verification word: quest

Jz said...

what is the sound of eyelashes fluttering madly? ;-p

selkie said...

hingeho...I'm liking that...although truth be told it sorta makes me want to say "ARGHHH me hearties!" and swill beer and sing sailing songs too.

"eyelash effect" ...a metaphor that encapsulates the concept of sensitive dependence on initial conditions in chaos theory"... damn, that's the BUTTERFLY effect but couldn't we extrapolate that in the "eyelash effect" "appears to be an esoteric and unusual behavior, where one storyline diverges at the moment of a seemingly minor event resulting in two significantly different outcomes... DAMN, can't you see a Dom "extrapolating" coming up with a FAR different scenario than envisioned as we madly flutter our eyelashes??

and yeah, pain is relative... somehow SOME pain just doesn't "do it" ...sighs

Jz said...

Sing away, friend selkie-hinge, and welcome to the club!
Just don't cut the dead horse into the water when you're done, k?
;-)

There's a connection there, between chaos theory and Domly thought, that just eludes my grasp. *cough*
(These danged fluttering eyelashes must be hampering my vision...)

(I'm liking the new icon, btw. v. pretty.)