Friday, March 13, 2020

It's Friday - Let's Dance!

Looking at my calendar back in early February, I knew that March was going to be a hectic month…  and then they tossed in Covid-19.

So hectic has turned to chaotic AND apocalyptic.
Work is a nightmare and I haven’t truly relaxed in weeks.

But life goes on, right? I have a roadtrip ahead of me, a family wedding to attend, and while I’m away, I’m having lunch with my college bestie, who I haven’t seen in googobs.

So despite the fact that my family’s happiness is about to put me in the poorhouse, I am reminded that life may be messy, but it’s also full of joy - and to help us remember that, tonight we’ll be dancing in the rain, courtesy of Mira Nair and “Monsoon Wedding” 


(If you haven't seen this film, go find it immediately!)

6 comments:

olivia said...

Lovely! Thank you. 💜

Bleue D'âme said...

Wishing you safe travels on the road and joyous celebrating!

messymimi said...

Ah, may you have such joy at the wedding you attend.

Storm said...

Omg, people done lost their damn minds out there! Woman behind me in line today bought 150 rolls of tp...
Safe travels and enjoy! As long as you have fun going broke, it's totally worth it :))

Fondles said...

I'm way over my budget this week with catching up over two lunches with friends... that's a hundred bucks right there that I should have been putting into my credit card repayment.

But in these depressing times I thought, let's live a little.

Enjoy the trip and catchup.

Jz said...

o-
You’re welcome!

B-
Thanks, cutes.
I’m safely off the road - and it really was a nice time, thank you.

mm-
It was very happy, thanks. (Altho’ the dancing was not really up to the movie’s standards… ;-D)

S-
More like going broke for a good and happy cause, but yeah, worth it!

F-
Live a little, yes.
And keep in mind what actually matters.
Thanks!