Friday, November 18, 2016

Oh, Lovely Lurkers!

This is it - the day you’ve been waiting for!
(Likely with dread, if you’re a lurker to the core.)

Because it’s Love Our Lurkers Day once again - that special time of year when I tell you how much I appreciate you, each and every one of you, my silent readers - and then beg you to please, just this once, change how you roll and leave a comment.

I know you’re out there - I see your visits in my statistics.
I love that you stop by, that you read, that you care.

But I know nothing about you - which is kind of unfair, don’t you think?
You know oodles about me, from my tenuous relationship with lingerie all the way to my unlikely obssession with sumo… Yet the only tidbits I can glean about you come from statistical analysis. 

Which is a start, I suppose, but fairly impersonal.
And for all my touch-avoidant disposition, I like hearing about people, not statistics. 

So I wonder about you, my lurkers.
What you’re like, where you come from, why you read here…
      What’s your favorite kind of post to read?
      Is it the occasional kink or the occasional humor that draws you more? 

But even more, I want to know about YOU.
      Do you like to cook? Bake? 
            Share your recipes?
      Are you good with home repair? 
            (Can you give me some pointers?)
      Got any book recommendations for me?
      Podcasts?
      Do you have a dog? 
            Is it goofy? Yippy? 
            Can I pet it?
      What do you collect?
            Paperweights? Mugs? Lovers?
      Where would YOU travel to if you could go anywhere in the world?
      Do you already live somewhere *I’d* like to visit?
      Would you like to meet for coffee?
            (Do you even drink coffee?)

Best beloved lurkers, the questions just tumble from my lips!
      Enquiring Minds Want To Know!

Surely you could take pity on me and answer one tiny little question?
      Maybe two?
(Or at least say hello?)
      (Limericks, round two, anyone?)


(Oh, and by the way, yes - I love and appreciate all you chatty-type readers with all my heart as well.
Just sayin'...)

P.S. - thanks to Hermione for organizing the day! (and the list of other participants)

26 comments:

Lindy Thomas said...

Happy LOL day Jz, I do drop by sometimes without leaving a comment. I live in Australia and I'm sure you would love to come down under for a visit.

Hope you have heaps of new people drop by for a chat, have a fun day.

Hugs Lindy

ronnie said...

Hi JZ, I do lurk sometimes and don't aleays leave a comment. Happy LOL day.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Diary of Daisy said...

Happy LOL Day Jz!
I am Daisy and I live in England. I have lurked on your blog for a while. I just love the way you write and the spankings of course!
Have a great day :)

an English Rose said...

Hi Jz, Happy lol days. I am a lurker here. I live in England, bake a bit, am scared of dogs and read non stop!Nice to meet you
love Jan, xx

abby said...

I sometimes comment...and I collect frogs..it's a long story..
hugs abby

Terpsichore said...

Just stopping by to say hello. Unfortunately have not found the balance in life yet to be able to read as much as I would like but when I do visit I will be sure to comment. :-) I love to bake and have many dancer ornaments and figurines I have collected through the years. :-) Have a wonderful LOL Day!

Bleue D'âme said...

Happy LOL Day, Jz!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jz! :) Happy LOL Days to you! I met you once before, when you so kindly helped me slide in, and add a recipe to the cookie exchange! You were very gracious!

Let's see... We have a cat. He needs a bloggy name, so he is featured on my LOL Day post. He's very sweet! We had two labs. The English style. They both lived long, and happy lives. Sadly, we have had to say goodbye to them both in the last year and a half. :( Our black lab was very, very goofy! They were both loves!

I like to bake. I'm an okay cook. Rob is a really good cook, so I am kind of spoiled in that department. I enjoy photography, knitting, and am trying to learn how to draw. Fun post! Enjoy your LOL Days! Many hugs,

<3 Katie

Anonymous said...

Happy LOL Day!!! :)

these3fhl.blogspot.com

Downunder Don said...

Hi Jz, I lurk here often but rarely have the right words to offer as a comment. So today is simple..thanks for having me and Happy LOL day

Aimless Rambling said...

cook, yes - bake, no,-homerepair, no - Home for Christmas by me://www.lsfpublications.com/index.php?id=816 (shameful hawking)
No on the podcasts, petless at the moment
I collect dust and would love to visit Paris
I live in AZ and I'd love to meet for coffee.

Now you know a little about me.

Happy LOL Day, see you around the land.

olivia said...

Hey, Jz,

i'm definitely the chatty type! Although, i do lurk sometimes, so there. AND you already know a lot about me. No cooking or baking or handy repairs, i often drink coffee and eat chocolate eclairs.. Ok, that's it. <3
Happy LoL day!

Cat said...

Happy LOL Days, Jz...I do visit but don't often comment. Do love sharing recipes and love to participate in your cookie exchange. I live in the Midwest although everyone is safer if I'm not on the roads during ice and snow. ;)

Hugs and blessings...Cat

Michael M said...

I have lurked in the past, but I will do better from now on.

willie said...

I have to confess to lurking. I don't know when I went from an avid commenter on blogs to a lurker, but the transition did happen.

Let's see, I do blog but it is a private blog, ( long story as to why). I brought Dd to my husband 4 years ago. After a couple of years it morphed into something vastly different, with Dd still in tact. I love it, though maybe that is why I stopped commenting as I find it difficult once again to find blogs where we 'fit' in~ some of your posts do hit home though so I suppose I should start commenting on them~ lol.

Personally~ my friends refer to me as Martha Stewart ( Or Betty COCKer..because they are sickos). I am not sure Martha Stewart is the right description. Maybe Martha with ADD?

Anyway I enjoy your blog very much

willie

Jz said...

Lindy-
Hi!
Long stinkin’ trip but yes, I hear it’s well worth it.
I have indeed had heaps of new people stop by - it’s been grand. :-D

ronnie-
I think we are mutually sporadic lurkers.
But I love that you come by. :-)

Daisy-
Hello!
England is indeed on my list - been there more than once, even. Thank you so much for not only your comment but a compliment, as well!
Hope your LOL day went well.

Jan-
Nice to meet you, too. :-)
Non-stop reading is an excellent trait. Do you usually have more than one book going at a time? I do…

abby-
One of the women I used to work with collected frogs - her room was FULL of them - and when she retired she came around and gave us all one of them. I was looking at my “Have a Hoppy Day” magnet not long before I saw your comment…
It’s fate, abby! ;-)

Terpsichore-
Hello again.
I figure you must bake a little - you made candy cane cookies with us one year! Nice to see you back. :-)

Bleue-
Happy day back atcha, cutes!

Katie-
Why, yes, I remember that cookie slide. ;-)
I’m not much of a cat person but I’ll be interested to hear what name you guys pick for yours.
Thanks for stopping by.

Lilli-
Hi, and Happy LOLling!

Don-
No, thank you for reading.
I have those blogs in my life, too. Ones I visit frequently and enjoy, yet can never really come up with anything to say.
I’m glad you found words today. :-)

Leigh-
Welcome.
Anyone who collects dust is a soul-sister! ;-D
I love AZ, altho’ I’m more a Northern AZ gal than a southern one. But I’m always open to persuasion.

O-
Just a reader for all seasons, you are. ;-p
And I’m very glad you’re the chatty type. (The fact that you are gave me some of the most memorable descriptions of me that I can recall! )

Cat-
Hello - good to see you.
As I don’t care to travel to the grocery store in ice and snow, I should be safe from you at hundreds of miles distance. So I’m gonna say, “Oh no, Cat! I’m sure you’re juuuussst fine!”
(Actually, I’m sure you are - it’s the other people that are the problem.) ;-D

Michael-
Well, I don’t want to judge… no better or worse to it… but I’m very glad you said hi today. :-)

Wilma-
Yeah, there is definitely a distinction, vague but real, between Dd and D/s, D/s and M/s, etc., etc… and it’s hard to comment when you feel outside the other blogger’s norm. Most particularly when you haven’t quite found a niche that fits — that always feels like you’re out there waving a flag without knowing if anyone’s got your back.
Which is a HIGHLY confused kind of metaphor that I blame entirely on inadequate caffeine… Suffice it to say, I get it.

I’m glad you enjoy the blog - thank you.

Lea said...

I'm a half-lurker. Sometimes I comment, usually I don't. But I am reading! Thank you for writing.

Jz said...

Lea-
Demi-lurkers "R" Us!
Thank you for reading!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jz,

I am definitely a lurker, I don't think I have ever commented here, just once or twice over on nilla's blog.

I found your blog maybe three years ago when I was looking for answers, and there were quite a few things that I could relate to, so I went back to the beginning and read every single post until I was all caught up. I remember one thing you said that felt so true - how you would get upset when men asked you what you liked because you didn't know the answer to that... or something along those lines.

I have found some answers in the meantime, turns out I have my very own SP from way back then, never even realized I was in a D/s relationship, it was just what we did, and have been married forever to a wonderful man who unfortunately doesn't have a dominant bone in his body. Still trying to sort things out in that area, wish me luck :)

Back to lurking now, but I will definitely keep reading.

Jz said...

Anon-
Hello and Welcome!
(I suppose that’s a bit belated if you’ve been reading for three years but you understand…)

I can hardly believe that you went back and read every single post - nor can I tell you just how it makes me feel to read those words. (There are too many adjectives involved.)
Just…Thank you.
truly.

I do wish you luck in sorting out all the things.
My beau before BG was also a wonderful, sweet, funny man - who not only wasn’t dominant but actually fought me over who got to be the bottom. (Altho’ we weren’t using those words but that’s what it was.) And sadly, that was the one area where his will prevailed over mine.
So I have a very good idea of how it all feels.
(And isn’t it funny the stuff we struggle with without realizing what exactly it is?)

Thank you for decloaking. :-D

Marie said...

I am not sure why my post got published as "anonymous", I know I put in my name... I struggled with the captcha, so I guess it got lost somewhere along the way.

You are smart and funny, so why wouldn't I want to go back and read it all? :)

This time I will put my name in the comment, just in case...

And now I am really going back to lurking!

Marie

Jz said...

Marie-
you forgot, "and blushing"...
=^_^=
Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jz! I know I'm late to the party but I thought I would delurk anyway.
1. I love to cook and bake. I make a killer banana bread.
2. You do not want me to do any home repairs.
3. I'm reading "Both Flesh and Not" which is a book of essays by David Foster Wallace. I recommend all of David Sedaris' books.
4. Podcasts: Dan Savage and Dear Prudence on Slate.
5. No pets right now.
6. I collect paperweights, bookmarks and Japanese tea cups.
7. I would like to go to Australia.
8. I don't live in any of the places you listed.
Here are some random facts about me:
1. My first job was writing coded messages for the Army top brass.
2. I'm a military brat and was born in Japan.
3. I changed schools ten times and graduated from high school on Okinawa.
4. I answered a radio quiz question correctly and won all kinds of prizes.
5. I'm a vegan.
6. My favorite musical piece is The Second Waltz by Shostakovich.
7. My favorite dessert is hot fudge pudding cake with ice cream.
8. I'm an agnostic.
You're probably bored to death by now. I've read some of your posts but I want to start from the beginning and I'm looking forward to it. See you around, Jz.

Liza

Jz said...

Liza,
Hello and welcome!
Don’t worry - the party’s not over… I haven’t sung yet. ;-D
Nor am I bored - I love that you went the extra mile!

A good banana bread is a thing of beauty
I will check out Dear Prudence
My dad always wanted me to collect paperweights
You made me hungry ;-p
(what is your favorite vegan ice cream base?)

Thank you so much for coming by!
Hope to see you again sometime.

DelFonte said...

Hi jz, catching up here. I'm lurker, occasionally commenter. Always enjoy whatever you have to say.
Book recommendations? I've just finished Life after Life by Kate Aktinson and thoroughly enjoyed it. My kind of read.
I collected coins, until somebody stole them... I mean old coins, not new ones.
I've kitten, not goofy, more toe attacking.
I live in the UK, England, not far from Wales.
I don't drink coffee unless it's decaffeinated and doesn't taste too much like coffee.
I bake cakes and yorkshire puddings.

DF

Jz said...

DF-
Welcome Back! (and thank you.)

Oooh, Life After LIfe sounds interesting! I’ve never read anything of hers except her mysteries.

Coffee that doesn’t taste too much like coffee, huh?
That’s…,
ummm…,
well…,

I LOVE cakes! ;-p

Thanks for checkin’ in!