(SP refers to this kind of question as "hellish", because there really is no single good answer. But I have done my best, miz sofia.)
If you could take a vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go and what would you do?
This, as you may imagine, is a nearly impossible decision.
I have dreams of going to Florence and losing myself in the art and architecture of the city. (It's that whole Renaissance thing…)
Paris in the spring has always sounded like a fine idea…
I haven't spent nearly enough time in Scotland… I've been able to see many cool things but not to meet people and really get a feel for what it's like to live there…
I think Mongolia would be fascinating…
I really, really want to see the Perahera Elephant Parade in Kandy...
Pictures of the Taj Mahal are NOT an adequate substitute for actually being there…
I adore the Pacific Northwest -- I personally think that more of my life needs to be spent there, particularly in the San Juans. (The San Juans would probably be my answer to, "if you could live anywhere…")
But I suppose…
If I had to pick one place…
(really? just one???)
I think I'd choose New Zealand.
I'm quite interested in Polynesian cultures and would love to get a more upclose look at that of the Maori, plus the place just looks stinkin' GORJUS. You could experience a whole host of climates and landscapes, all in those few little islands.
It would be a "rent a car, and just follow my fancy" kind of trip.
(Oh, and I'd pick a route that would let me stop at Easter Island along the way. A friend went and his stories have left me quite taken with that idea, too…)
If you had a magic wand, what would be your first act of magic?
I'm afraid it wouldn't be anything at all noble and for the good of humanity.
Nope, I would be entirely mundane and selfish and *flick!* myself out of some very onerous financial obligations that I have.
Then I would begin to work my way up from self-serving to philanthropic…
;-p



6 comments:
You are not the only one who dreams of escaping to New Zealand for good. Me too. Five years ago, I found out that NZ is my niece's go to place as well.
-H
I LOVE your answers, Jz! All the places you talk about vacationing are so exotic. NZ really appeals to me too, although I can't imagine ever actually getting to go there.
The magic wand thing makes perfect sense to me - it's your wand for a reason, of course you should take care of your stuff first!
sofia
Oh..the grass looks so much greener (literally at the moment) in all those lovely places you mentioned...
I love your pragmatism of having a magic wand :)
I love hearing other people's travel dreams - makes me interested in all those places to hear your enthusiasm.
And there are Hobbits in NZ. Right?
One of my best friends is going to NZ this week. I'm so jealous. I should have said "of course" when she asked me to go!
-sin
H-
Road Trip!!
:-)
s-
Well, I doubt I'd be going if I hadn't been told I could go anywhere in the world… ;-p
(And thank you for not reviling my selfishness.)
B-
yeah - just a whole lotta blah out there at the moment, isn't it?
(thank you for "pragmatism". Much nicer than what I was thinking…)
gg-
even armchair travel can do wonders, don't you think? :-)
s-
whoooboy, yeah. You can almost find more images of "Hobbiton" than any of the natural wonders.
(and, yeah, you should have gone. Altho' without a magic wand, I do get it.
But still, huh?)
Post a Comment